Author Topic: Hello from Florida  (Read 1599 times)

Pineywoods

Hello from Florida
« on: January 30, 2010, 08:00:51 PM »

I'm just getting started in fact I haven't even started getting equipment together yet. I'm still trying to figure out what I need and what I want. I figured this would be a good place to gather some info and so I registered but quite honestly most of it seems to be over my head right now but hopefully in time I'll get it. For now I'll be reading and trying to learn more than anything. Thanks for what looks to be a great site.

FarmerJd

Re: Hello from Florida
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 09:16:50 PM »
Welcome to the forum. This site is an incredibly valuable resource. The main page has a lot of beginner info that should be helpful. If you have any questions, fire away; lots of helpful people here. What part of Florida are you from? Is your name a reference to the breed of cows? Good luck.

Cheese Head

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 09:29:16 PM »
Hi Pineywoods, welcome to this forum, watch out, cheese making can be addictive!

We also have a Oney Woods area here just north of Houston, Texas . . . John.

Pineywoods

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 09:35:18 PM »

JD I live on the west coast of Florida outside of Ocala the Pineywoods comes from a pine tree farm we own in north Florida lots of pines in the woods  :) 

FarmerJd

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 10:27:12 PM »
What part of North Florida? I live just across the line in AL.

Pineywoods

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 11:26:52 PM »
I'm just south of Chattahoochee is there any place up that way you'd suggest for equipment and supplies?

FarmerJd

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 11:32:48 PM »
I get everything online. Lots of info on this site for links.

Cheesetart

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 01:02:44 AM »
Welcome!   I've been making cheese for a little over a year now -- and I am completely addicted.    There are only two things that I have ever found to completely relax me and remove my thinking from the corporate world-- one is flat water kayaking and the other is CHEESEMAKING!!

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 08:58:44 AM »
Welcome PW! This is the best place to learn about cheese. Los of great folks always ready to help out and share a wealth of information.

Tea

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 08:40:29 PM »
Good morning and welcome to the forum.