Author Topic: The Artisan Store, Southbury CT  (Read 3514 times)

deb415611

The Artisan Store, Southbury CT
« on: February 07, 2010, 07:53:18 PM »
I just found this store.  It is a small store which has artisan items (mostly food products)  from mainly New England artisans.  They had flavored oils, salsas, jams, spreads, chutneys, hot sauces, cookies, chocolates, crackers, pretzels, tea, etc.  Cooler with a few desserts, drinks & a sign for meat from a CT farm. 

The best part....... was the cheese.  I forgot my phone so I didn't get any pictures but there were two deli cases - maybe 4 to 5 ft long with mainly cheese but a few meats - salame, pate, ham, proscuitto.  The cheese was mostly New England Farms but I did buy some 1 yr old gouda from a farm in Ohio. 

It was nice to shop in a store where the proprietor actually talks to you. She told me a little about the store, they had actually started as an online store.  She fed me cheese samples  :)

I didn't pay much attention to the prices but nothing I saw shocked or seemed out of line for what I was buying. 

I came home with the 1 yr old gouda, Cloud 9 - a camembert type cheese from VT I think and a dill chevre from Beltane Farm which I think is from CT.  Also some bbq sauce, a strawberry habenaro hot sauce and few other things.   

The store was 1/2 mile or so off route 84 - exit 14 . 

http://artisanmade-ne.com/NewCheeses_SpecialtyFoods.htm

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Re: The Artisan Store, Southbury CT
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 11:23:59 PM »
Sounds wonderful. Personal service now that's a lost art! Beltane is closer to me. They are in a kind of commuter yuppieville area and do very well. I tried to get in there one Friday night and it was mobbed so I left.