Author Topic: Ok, I need to copy Beemster...  (Read 1586 times)

Offline sominus

• Back Crackin' Needle Pusher
  • Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 2
  • Insert witty comment here
Ok, I need to copy Beemster...
« on: February 09, 2010, 03:19:11 AM »
I have been promised several anatomically improbable carnal "experiments" if I can somehow copy (or approximate) Beemster's cheeses...  My wife and I recently fell in love with the XO, but like their "regular" ambrosia as well...

Ok.... Help a guy out here... How is this stuff different from a regular gouda?

--
Michael Dow

MrsKK

Re: Ok, I need to copy Beemster...
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 01:49:43 PM »
If you really want a response, I think it would be best to re-word your request.  I personally take offense at the sexual nature of your post.  Sorry if you think that makes me a prude, but this is not the place!

Offline sominus

• Back Crackin' Needle Pusher
  • Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 2
  • Insert witty comment here
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 03:22:03 PM »
Sorry that you feel the need to be offended... 

If the administrator of the board feels the need to chastise me and request that I reword it (or choose to do so themselves), I will accept that as constructive criticism.  Most others (I sincerely hope) will view the wording with the humorous intent that was meant.
--
Michael Dow

Alex

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 05:12:30 PM »
Beemster's cheese XO, is a gouda type cheese aged for 26 months, that's all. So, you'll have to be patient.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 09:33:54 PM »
I'm not familuar with this cheese at all and being me I didn't even understand the rest of the post until Karen made it clear to me. I think although it was intended as humor it could have been less descriptive perhaps. I tend to edit posts that I wouldn't want kids to read with a note edited by Mom - but that's me.

Back to the question. It appear to simply be an aged gouda so I am with Alex - just make a gouda and age it.