Author Topic: Humidity-Temperature Gauge - Model HTC-1  (Read 5594 times)

Cheese Head

Humidity-Temperature Gauge - Model HTC-1
« on: February 26, 2010, 02:08:16 AM »
Member iratherfly was using and recommended a cheap model HTC-1 LCD Humidity-Temperature Gauge he bought off of EBay.

I ordered two on Feb 11 for USD5.50 shipped each direct from China to USA but they ship basically anywhere in the world, just received today Feb 25, they are currently USD9 each shipped.

Cheaper than WalMart, looks great, takes a AAA battery (not provided) and unit also has an alarm clock in case I need to wake the cheeses up (pen for scale is my wife's ;)).

Knoal

Re: Humidity-Temperature Gauge - Model HTC-1
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 08:42:07 PM »
Thank you.

I just bought my "cheese cave" this weekend in the form of a wine fridge from Craiglslist, $50.

Of course, I needed a new gadget to go with it.....

Now the wine is going to be chilled too!   ;D

Knoal

simoncnx

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 09:25:10 PM »
i have just ordered same model  but its not arrived yet...  any idea how accurate it is?

simoncnx

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 01:49:24 PM »
mine arrived.  from what i can see,  the humidity readout is pretty accurate but the temp reads 10f too high

Cheese Head

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 01:20:47 AM »
Hi simoncnx, sorry I missed your previous post, no I haven't checked mine for accuracy, I"d better do that!

Andrewqld

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 03:13:34 AM »
I have one as well but it tends to lock up at high humidity and needs to be dried out in the sun to get it working again.
I've binned it and will revert back to a dial job.

Andrew

Knoal

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 04:34:13 PM »
I got one.

The readout turns completely black at 55 degrees and high humdity.

And then returns to normal at room temp.......

Knoal

phorest

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 05:59:44 PM »
Hi all,
I am a big believer in remote monitoring.
When I was shopping for temp/humidity sensors I wanted to have a recording component as well.
I briefly toyed with taking my weather station off the roof and re-purposing it for my cave. It currently feeds my weather underground account. Anyway, I needed a new component for the station and decided to look up the parts and I found out that LaCrosse Technologies has a new temp/humidity combo unit that will upload the data from as many as 20 sensors on any desired schedule you may want.

Now for just over 50 bucks you can record your details and monitor them via MyWeatherDirect. They do have text/email alert functionality as well which is supposedly free for the first year, though simple monitoring via the website is always free.