Author Topic: Hello from Alberta, Canada  (Read 1081 times)

Al

Hello from Alberta, Canada
« on: February 28, 2010, 03:58:54 AM »
Hi all.   I have always wanted to try making cheese.  The only "cheese" I have made were yogurt cream cheese and kefir cheese.  I bought some rennet tablets and Feta cultures yesterday and I am ready to give it a try.  My long term goal is to to be to make hard cheese.  I am excited and feeling overwhelmed at the same time.  By joining this forum I am hoping more experienced members can give me a jump start.  I am gonna need all the help that I can get!   :D  Al

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Re: Hello from Alberta, Canada
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 05:59:28 AM »
Welcome Al. You get plenty of help here. Just ask questions.

Brie

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 06:13:57 AM »
Welcome, Al--you have much support in this forum--I have learned so much! Share your triumphs and miseries--we welcome all!

Cheese Head

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 11:57:17 AM »
Hello Al and welcome, I grew up in Vancouver but lived 10 years in Caroline > Red Deer > Rocky Mountain House > Calgary > Olds in Alberta. My wife is from Calgary and our two daughters were born there but we are now in Houston where warmer and less taxes :).

Have fun making cheese, some members here have good results with tablet style rennet, others have lots of problems. If you use the Search Tool on word "tablet" you'll get lots of hits and ideas on dosage rates.

Cheers