Author Topic: new county durham uk  (Read 1555 times)

hotgoblin

new county durham uk
« on: March 01, 2010, 07:21:36 PM »
Hi all
 Just starting on the cheese making way . We have been making bacon sausages etc for a while but now wanting to have a go at cheese making . Glad to have found such a good site

padams

Re: new county durham uk
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 08:11:05 PM »
Welcome Hotgoblin!  you will find a wealth of information here...these guys will blow your mind with knowledge!

Cheese Head

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 11:27:41 PM »
Welcome Hotgoblin! I don't understand why there aren't more Brits here, you are our first I think from NE England.

Cheese & Sausage, great combination, in moderation of course ::)!

My recommendation is just do it, start with something where you don't need much special equipment or supplies for like Light Cream Cheese AKA American Style Neufchatel using pre-ripened store bought buttermilk as your starter culture, have fun!

FarmerJd

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 12:52:01 AM »
Welcome to the forum. I just finished curing the bacon and sausage from 2 hogs. Glad to have another do-it-your-self'er on board. Good luck.

MarkShelton

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 05:32:45 AM »
come on now john... you welcome new new british members by telling them to start out with an american cheese?! just kidding! ;)
welcome hotgoblin! there really is a wealth of knowledge here. and everyone is so helpful and supportive.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 03:38:34 AM »
Welcome aboard Hotgoblin. I to am a sausagebacon and meat smoker. Cheese does seem like the next step. Enjoy the forum great people and information here.

Offline michoutim

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 5
  • Default personal text
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 03:46:20 AM »
Welcome hot goblin!  :)