Author Topic: I'm back  (Read 3185 times)

Captain Caprine

I'm back
« on: March 05, 2010, 05:02:18 AM »
Hi everyone,
I've been absent for a while dealing from the fallout of a hostile corporate takeover but we are about to kid here and I'm can't wait to have my milk supply back.  Many changes to the look of the board (as usual John is doing a great job).  Glad to be back amongst the fromagophiles.
Cheers
Captain Caprine

Cheese Head

Re: I'm back
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 12:04:58 PM »
Captain, you are right, it was 6 months since your last post :-\, welcome back and hope you landed on both feet at work!

MrsKK

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 01:10:15 PM »
Great to see you back.  Good luck with kidding season.  Sorry about your job-related stress!

cmharris6002

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 02:46:11 PM »
It is great to see back!!
I am almost done with kidding. I have had 9 does give me 25 kids and just have two left to kid. I hope you get lots of doe kids this year :)

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 04:37:51 PM »
Hello Captain good to see you! Hope all went in your favor at work if that is posible thee days. In any event congrats in the kidding - now let see some cheese!  ;D

FarmerJd

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 09:50:10 PM »
Welcome back. I have seen your name in several threads and I am glad you are back in the loop.

Captain Caprine

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 05:30:11 AM »
Hi John,
I can't believe that it has been 6 months! Things are still crazy but we are moving in the right direction and back in the business of curing cancer.
I should have a good milk supply in another 5 wks time.
I see Wayne out there but has Carter gone AWOL?
Cheers
CC

Captain Caprine

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 05:42:38 AM »
KK, Christy, Dee Jay and JD,
Thanks for the warm thoughts.
My God Christy, 25 kids from 9 does!!! I hope you at least ended up with more than half does.
DeeJay,  I'll be in touch with you soon for some new sausage recipes as I am planning a Bison hunt at a friends ranch soon.
Again, good to be back
CC

Cheese Head

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 02:49:32 PM »
Captain, yes sadly Carter is rare occurance here these days, miss his wit and advice.

Captain Caprine

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 04:09:15 PM »
Well, sometimes life gets in the way
CC

wharris

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 04:11:00 PM »
Welcome Back!

cmharris6002

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2010, 08:31:15 PM »
I hope you at least ended up with more than half does.
Not quite, 15 bucks and 10 does. I hope these last two give me does!!! Let me know what you get, I'll be sending doe thoughts your way ;D

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 05:01:08 PM »
Other than the obvious mating rituals what does one do with a buck? Are they necessary to herd the goats or do the have prides like lions?

cmharris6002

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 12:05:55 PM »
You only need a few bucks to service a fairly large herd. So, other than breeding stock, I sell some as companions for other animals, I don't work the pet market or work with goat roapers  :-\ so  the rest are sold as cabrito aka goat on the grill  :P

A few year ago I had one wether (castrated male) I trained to pull a cart. I sold him, and now he pulls an antique pickle wagon at Renaissance Festivals.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 01:59:26 AM »
That's really neat about training the goat to pull a cart. Does he recognize you when you see him?

I wondered about that so they are eddible critters. Good to know. I didn't want to suggest it as you all seem to have sucj pretty goats and some folks get very attatched. I didn't want to upset anyone. Thank you.

So do they taste like chicken?