Author Topic: Hi from NH  (Read 1726 times)

Ibaketoo

Hi from NH
« on: March 06, 2010, 11:56:49 PM »
I recently decided it would be fun to learn to make cheese, I am signed up for one of Ricki Carrol's classes in April and today I (and 3 friends) headed to Owen Farm in Hopkinton, NH and learned how to make mozzarella with her fresh milk.  What a treat, I can't wait to get started!!! I'm sure my questions will be rolling in soon!

padams

Re: Hi from NH
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 12:27:54 AM »
Welcome!  i am envious, you got to take classes from someone who already knows the ropes!  You will not find a better group than here...everyone is very eager to share and inform!

Cheese Head

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 12:49:27 AM »
Hi Ibaketoo, welcome!

FYI there is a Courses Sub-Board here just in case you'd like to give us a report on her course for others.

FarmerJd

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 01:08:36 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 06:18:49 PM »
Hello Ibaketoo and welcome! Nice to have a class to go to congrats! Judging by your varous locations you must be fairly close to me. I am in CT. I want to take a class one day in NH with Peter Dixon.

Ibaketoo

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 09:57:36 PM »
Hello Ibaketoo and welcome! Nice to have a class to go to congrats! Judging by your varous locations you must be fairly close to me. I am in CT. I want to take a class one day in NH with Peter Dixon.

I contacted Peter and he told me his classes will probably be in May in Sept...I teach baking in a high school culinary arts program, so unless he does it on the week-end I won't be able to attend...I'm jumping the gun here, but I assume I'll be having a blast with cheese.  I can use the commercial kitchen at school so it should be easier to handle and I have a local dairy with access to fresh milk, I'm psyched!

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 02:47:15 AM »
I'm jumping the gun here, but I assume I'll be having a blast with cheese.  I can use the commercial kitchen at school so it should be easier to handle and I have a local dairy with access to fresh milk, I'm psyched!

I think that's a pretty safe assumption!  ;)