Author Topic: Cheese vs Wine vs Beer Making  (Read 4708 times)

Likesspace

Re: Cheese vs Wine vs Beer Making
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 01:38:50 AM »
I'm not sure I have a lot to add to this thread other than to make the comment that Wayne's first post was fantastic.
There are just so many variables involved in wine making and cheese making that it's very difficult to say which one is the most challenging.
I do agree that with wine you have quite a bit of time to think things through before taking action but with cheese......man, even five minutes can make the difference between a good cheese and a complete failure.
I will say this...
I started out making wine and honestly really enjoyed it.
But, once I gave cheese making a try I've never looked back. I'm sure that had I tried cheese making first, I never would have considered wine making.
Now having said that, I am now back to making wine and once again I'm having fun doing it. The ONLY thing I have against wine making is that once you perform a step you then wait....and wait....and wait...........
For instance my two wines are now both in the bulk aging stage and will sit for at least a couple of months before anything further needs to be done.
That's the main reason I tried cheese making. I simply needed something that I could always stay busy with on a regular basis during the winter months.

Dave