OK Sailor, I decide to make a blue and you disappear for a few days!
A few questions:
1. Is there suppose to be a cooking time? Do I just ladle directly after coagulation?
2. I am not sure I understand draining and then sitting in whey. Do you mean drain in a colander or bag for 1.5 hrs and then putting mass back in whey?
3. I thought I saw that some people were waiting and others were salting right off. I'll wait til am next time. Do you mean to leave the curdmass in the whey overnight?
4. When the curd is in the mold for 4-5 days, is this at room temp and then move to cave at 55 and 80%?
5. Don't pierce til after blue shows which should be in 10-14 days? Will blue ever form with the high ph mine probably has?
Thanks again for the input. I feel like I am starting over in cheesemaking on this one. I wish this were as easy as playing the "blues" on my harmonica with b.b. king. (another favorite pasttime)