Author Topic: Commercial Kitchen COMPLETE!  (Read 7624 times)

dr chedder

Re: Commercial Kitchen COMPLETE!
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 06:43:54 PM »
very very nice i have just felt my face go green lol

could you tell me at what cost all of this cost you? i am looking to start my own business up and i am wondering what the start up cost is to do some thing like you have done, you can pm me if you want to keep the cost privet i would be very happy if you could tell me though

thank you

dave

Minamyna

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2010, 09:37:05 PM »
Is this what is required to sell cheese to the public, or is this for you personal consumption?

I would really like to find out what it takes here in Wyoming to do that? If I bought pasteurized milk and rented a commercial kitchen from a local restaurant, would that be sufficient?

I have looked and looked and looked at what it take to get a license and I can't seem to find any information!?!? It's driving me crazy!

Anyways if you are selling to the public, I would be incredibly intrigued to hear about the process!

Grats on the kitchen it is gorgeous, and I am very jealous.

TroyG

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 01:17:25 PM »
Dr. Chedder........We do all the work ourselves and build out of pocket so I may not have done the best job tracking the actual cash spent on this, but I would say the building cost about 20k and then add another 15k for equipment. This does not include the barn or livestock or many other things that go into this business. Total I would say I am over 100k. Although I would prefer not to think about it.  :P Thank god for a good day job!

Minamyna......I worked with our state and county health department to figure everything out. Texas has a website and after lots of digging I found the rules for a dairy online. That is what I used to come up with everything. Lots and lots of research!

jackdag

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2010, 12:27:41 AM »
Hi Guys

Hi from Canada , Quebec, i try many time to look for a used vat with a large capacity, but price are just too crazy, but one day, one of my dealer who have a metal soldering told me (with the plan i give him) that he can build me that the vat is a 36x36x48 inches , double wall including the butterfly valve, and of course meet the standard for the soldering joint regarding food processing and stainsless requirement too for food, and all this for less then 3k so now i finialy order mine its will be around a 500 liter vat with the v shape inside, so just go ask a weldering shop, of coiurse my dealer dont know what its was for before jsut told them its a kind of bath hehehe coz pretty sure if he know the real price of vat cheese that will not be that price, but now he know and said is ok with the 3k he make me the price

So maybe its a good idea foru too to lookn for those kind of little soldering metal shop, mine do snowplaw hehehe

Maybe this can help u.. now very excited to recive mine and not paying 10k and for a cheese vat

Brie

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 02:27:57 AM »
Awesome--we all await your experience!