Author Topic: Goats milk lotion  (Read 3904 times)

Tea

Goats milk lotion
« on: August 17, 2008, 09:14:32 PM »
Ok needed to make some lotion as winter here has been very dry, and I feel like I could grate cheese with my hands at the moment.
The original recipe was posted by a lady called Miriam on a soap forum I was apart of years ago.
This is a light goats milk lotion, which I will give basic amounts for, but you can substitute oils and butters to your own liking.  I don't put in preservatives, so this should be kept in the fridge, and shouldn't be kept for much longer than 1 week, hence the small yield amount.  You could add rosemary extract or vit E oil to help preserve it a bit if you like.
Just follow the usual rules of sterilizing everything very well before you start.

This yields approx 150ml.  This is an everyday all over moisturizer

70ml grapeseed oil
8gr shea butter
2 tsp ewax
125ml warmed goats milk
3 drops eo of choice (optional)

Combine oil, butter and ewax and heat until melted.  Add this to the warmed gm along with eo, and blend using a stick blender for a couple of minutes.  Be careful as this will spray every where.  Put in fridge for 1/2 hr then blend again.  Repeat this until cold and thickened.  Put in jar and store in fridge ready for use.

As I wanted oils for healing and restoring I used almond oil, jojoba oil, hemp, evening primrose, wheatgrem oils, mango butter and no eo's.

Hope you enjoy. 

Milk Made Farm

Re: Goats milk lotion
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 06:11:50 PM »
Warning anything containing milk or water that you do not plan on refrigerating and using within a few days needs a preservative.  Never sell or even give anything with milk in it away without a preservative and hopefully a lab testing your formula to make sure its safe.

Patty

Tea

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 10:37:24 PM »
Thankyou Patty, that is very true.  People need to understand that bacteria and moulds will form very quickly in these products, which is why I noted such in my post.

This recipe is suited and formulated for home use, which is why I don't put preservatives in it, and I probably should have noted that some in my original post.

Thanks for the heads up.

LadyLiberty

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 12:16:19 AM »
HI Tea...

What is ewax?

Tea

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 12:18:04 AM »
Emulsifying wax, helps the oils and waters to combine