Author Topic: hi from australia  (Read 1446 times)

bec1986

hi from australia
« on: August 22, 2008, 12:19:45 AM »
hi im an australian 22 year old call me bec, stay at home mum of two beautiful girls 8 weeks and 20 months. i go nuts stuck in the house all day so i bought a cow and im raising calves with the milk as well as trying my hand at cheese making. people who know me were not at all suprised that i bought a cow to cure my boredom.

Tea

Re: hi from australia
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 02:56:53 AM »
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, oi oi oi  !!

Hello Bec and from where in this lovely country do you hail from?  I live in Mackay Nth QLD.  I am also a SAHM of 8, 6 still at home with my youngest being 18mth old, and no I don't make cheese to fill in my spare time lol  :D
How wonderful though to see someone do something constructive with their time, other than the TV or computer, (says she sitting at the computer).

So what have you ventured to try making so far.  Would love to hear of your endevours.  Hope to see you around.

Cheese Head

Re: hi from australia
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 11:05:20 AM »
Hi bec and welcome to the forum. I've been making cheese for only 1/2 a year and have never raised a cow or even worked on a farm.

We have two wonderful kids but now 15 & 16, they were born 17 months apart, and I vaguely remember those days of living in a stupor of having little spare time, so kudo's to you on having spare time to also raise a cow and making cheese.

Hope we can help you and you us :).