Author Topic: blue brie  (Read 4635 times)

reg

blue brie
« on: August 22, 2008, 11:23:49 AM »
was at a large farmers market last week and picked up some aged cheddar, Austrian smoked gruyere and a slice of blue brie. the blue brie was to die for. will be keeping an eye out for this one again or maybe even thinking about trying to make some later this year

reg

Cheese Head

Re: blue brie
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 11:39:01 AM »
That's the my favourite cheese and holy grail/goal of cheese making, Cambozola! Which I think is the same thing as Camembert & Brie are very similar.

Thus the reason for keep making Camembert to refine that recipe first before I add the ble part to it.

Glad we have another lovr of it!

cam_bert

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 11:16:47 AM »
Hi,

(I thought rather than starting a new thread I would add to this one.)

I am still in the process of aging my first Camembert cheese.... but would love to try making some blue brie as well. Just wondering has anyone tried this yet or has any helpful tips they can share.

I will obviously wait and see how my Camembert goes before adventuring on, but want to do the research and make sure I know how to do it and what ingredients i will need and where I can buy the additional moulds etc....

Thanks Heaps!

Cheese Head

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 12:59:58 PM »
cam_bert, I've tried making Cambozola based on this recipe.

I moved the Thread with my records to the white mold board as I was having more problems with that than with blue mold :-\.

Tea

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 08:51:30 PM »
This is the next one that I want to try too, but I am having problems getting milk, due to all the rain and flooding that we have had.
Hopefully next week the milk will arrive.

wharris

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 10:01:32 PM »
Sorry to hear about your weather problems Tea,  you all down there made it through the Cyclone thank god.

Tea

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 08:10:09 PM »
Yes thankfully we did get through the cyclone.  Unfortunately were my milk comes from has been inundated with rain this season, and they have been having major supply problems.  Haven't made cheese now for nearly 2 months.
Hopefully this weekend.

wharris

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 09:42:37 PM »
If you could only get mother nature to coordinate those rains on the areas that were burned....

Tea

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 10:19:23 PM »
Yes the irony of it all.  60% of Queensland was under water, while Victoria was fighting the biggest fires decades.  It did finally rain in Victoria last weekend, and last I heard the last of the fires had been extinguished.  Clearing up has finally started in a couple of the towns.