Author Topic: Almost back in the swing of things.......  (Read 1842 times)

Likesspace

Almost back in the swing of things.......
« on: April 23, 2010, 02:04:54 AM »
Hi everybody.....
Well this has pretty much been the winter from hell..
On January 10th, I took my dad to the hospital due to congestive heart failure and poor circulation in his one remaining leg (diabetes).
Well after nearly 3-1/2 months in various hospitals (and one two week stint in a local nursing home that almost killed him) we are ready to bring him home sometime next week.
Needless to say, my cheese making has been on hold along with pretty much the rest of my normal life. I still can't get over the fact that this nightmare is nearly over and I am about to get back to a semblance of normalcy.
My dad did lose part of his foot but still plans on living an active lifestyle. I'm so excited that he has kept a positive attitude throughout everything.
Although I usually stop making cheese during the spring and summer months I plan on changing things up this year. I won't make cheese every weekend but every few weeks I'm going to be in the kitchen.
Just wanted everyone to know what had happened to me and to share this great news.
I just found out this evening that his hospital stay is coming to an end and I'm pretty much on cloud nine right now.
Hope this finds everyone well and boy.....do I have a lot of catching up to do!

Dave

padams

Re: Almost back in the swing of things.......
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 02:12:38 AM »
I'm very sorry to hear what a rough winter you had...but I'm sure glad your dad is well and so positive!  That, in itself, is a HUGE blessing!

I would like to let you know I have sure enjoyed all your previous posts, and look forward to getting to know you!

Phoebe

scubagirlwonder

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 02:22:18 AM »
I completely agree with Phoebe! Glad to hear your Dad is recovering and glad we'll be seeing more of you! I have enjoyed reading your past posts and look forward to reading more about your cheese creations!
~Cheers  :D

FarmerJd

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 02:30:57 AM »
Hey Dave, Glad to have you back. My dad just went through a similar ordeal so I understand perfectly. Missed your input. Good luck.

Brie

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 04:38:18 AM »
I've ready your posts for many months and glad to see you back--Godspeed to your family.

Likesspace

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 12:55:00 AM »
I really appreciate it guys. It means a lot to hear all of the kind words.
Just thinking about getting back to making cheese makes me happy. Yep, I'm a geek.  :D
Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.

Dave

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 12:58:45 AM »
Glad to hear your Dad is doing well and positive about all this. It can be tough. Prayers headed you way.  You have been missed!

Brie

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 02:17:35 AM »
We do miss you--glad to hear your family is doing better--positive energy from all of us to you!