Author Topic: Compound Cheese Presses For Sale  (Read 36631 times)

Tobiasrer

Re: Compound Cheese Presses For Sale
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 06:39:27 PM »
I have a work shop and would love to try an dbuild one, my skills and craftmanship will not do your justice, lol, but all the same if I could see your plans I would love that. I just cant see spending that money and then finding out I make one batch and it sits collecting dust in a corner.

Jason M

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 07:05:46 PM »
Smolt,

All I can say is WOW!  I received the box with the press a few weeks ago and JUST opened it this weekend!  After a disaster with a Gouda I put my cheesmaking on hold for a bit!  But I opened it this weekend and put it together and I must say, it is a GREAT design!  I especially like the care take to strengthen the fulcrum with the pressure plate.  Great job and I can't wait to get working on a new cheese!

Jason

Trisha in WA

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 12:39:46 AM »
smolt
What comes with your press for weights?
Trisha

Offline smolt1

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 29
  • Default personal text
    • SturdyPress.com
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 01:06:37 AM »
Trisha,

The weights are achieved with a measured amount of water. If you send me your email address I will send the instructions that go with the press. I think they will answer your questions.

Bob
rwoodshop@hotmail.com

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2011, 07:30:23 PM »
That is a very fine looking press Bob - excelent job!

littlejoenc

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 02:57:58 AM »
This is a great press, and simple to use..I love mine..
I would recommend this press to everyone looking for a simple, easy to use and very sturdy press....

smolt1 is great guy to deal with..

Thanks again Bob

Trisha in WA

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 09:52:25 PM »
I got mine almost 2 weeks ago now and I just love it. I have only had a chance to use it once, but it was soooo easy. Thank you!! Looking forward to MANY cheeses coming out of this press.
Trisha

Offline WhiteSageFarms

• Medium Cheese
  • Cheeses: 4
    • White Sage Farms
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 11:11:50 PM »
I bought one a couple of months ago ... I'm so glad I did! It's easy to use and it's well made. It's brought my cheesemaking up a notch. On top of that, it's pretty enough to leave out on the table- it makes a great conversation piece, and is an inspiration to make more cheeses.

~Laurie
White Sage Farms
www.whitesagefarms.com

Offline smolt1

• Mature Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • SturdyPress.com
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 02:04:55 AM »
Thank you all for the kind words. I enjoy making the presses and the happy cheese makers doubles the fun. :)
    Bob

aotearoagirl

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2011, 08:09:11 AM »
Hi Smolt,
I love the look of your press, but alas I fear the post to nz may be simular to the price you gave our aussie neighbour. If you are willing to share the dimensions I would love to have them. I am keen to have a go and have a group of beginner cheesemaking friends that would also be interested.
I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers :D

Offline smolt1

• Mature Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • SturdyPress.com
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2011, 03:50:35 PM »
Sent it all :)
Bob

Kevin_Cheese_maker

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2011, 02:21:04 AM »
I am buying one...just sent Bob some info about buying one.

WOOHOO! ! !

ilvalleygal

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2011, 02:29:57 PM »
I ordered one and it arrived very quickly. I've only used it once and it was very easy to operate. Really, really look forward to making more cheeses once the weather cools down a bit.

mrsick44

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2011, 07:49:44 PM »
Sorry all for the late reply...I bought one of these from smolt1 on ebay. Within MINUTES of placing my order Bob contacted me via email and sent me the calculator for increased psi, and to let me know my item would be shipping that day. The calculator calculates both pressing weight and psi for all pressing needs. He also sends a booklet which gives this information in abbreviated form to get you started. The press itself is WONDERFUL and really good looking! I keep it out to look at and encourage. The box was well insulated, each piece wrapped to prevent scratching, and the instructions very easy (and I'm not mechanical). Ive made 6 cheeses using this press and its taken my cheese making to the next level. I currently have a cantal pressing at 34 lbs on the pressing arm. That's 7.5 psi/309lbs of pressing wt! Very impressed with this press

Don

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2011, 08:53:06 PM »
I purchased this press and made my first three pressed cheeses with it - a farmhouse cheddar, a gouda, and a manchego.  Very easy to use and the software provided makes calculating the weight to suspend from the arm very easy (gives the weight in pounds or cups of water).  I could not be happier.  Will be pulling the farmhouse cheddar from the cheese cave in a week or so (had to wait 60 days due to using raw milk).