Author Topic: Compound Cheese Presses For Sale  (Read 36630 times)

drngood

Re: Compound Cheese Presses For Sale
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2012, 05:23:15 PM »
As Bob already knows, I bought one also from his website..... WWW.STURDYPRESS.COM,  and it cost $100 including Shipping.  I am only waiting to recieve it and am very excited since I have already tried and built an Aluminum and Stainless Spring Press based on the "Weaver Press" design.  My press turned out great, is functional, but the trouble with the spring presses is the strength it takes to compress the spring bar each time, and the lack of adequate spring choices available, although now I know of some new resources. .  His press looks great in the pictures, and I think the ease of use is the important thing,  There is plenty of Acutual Weight Press capablity w/ very simple supplies ( Water) or sling weights. 
I too got the .pdf files and zip file right away by e-mail, for the Press / PSI converter program to calculate how much water is needed for a given desired weight/ psi.
Again, I think Bob did a great job on this one, and I'm saying this without even having it in my cheesy little hands.

Thanks >:D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:18:20 AM by drngood »

Offline smolt1

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 29
  • Default personal text
    • SturdyPress.com
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2012, 12:08:52 AM »
Hope I can live up to this, the bar is getting higher.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2012, 12:10:47 AM »
It always will! The hardest person to compete against is yourself!

Caseus

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2012, 12:23:48 AM »
I bought one from Bob's web site too, and I must say it appears very sturdy.  I'll be using it for my next cheese.

UrbanMonique

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2014, 12:26:14 AM »
Smolt, you still making these and active on your site, 'cause if so, you're about to sell another ,

;D

Urb

Offline smolt1

• Mature Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • SturdyPress.com
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2014, 12:41:23 AM »
Yes, I am still making them.

I was following your other thread, thinking I should point you to the calculator on my web site to convert pressing weight and mold size to PSI, but you already had some other help.

Bob

UrbanMonique

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2014, 05:19:01 AM »
Thank you, Sir! payday soon!
 :)

Urb

UrbanMonique

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2014, 02:40:45 AM »
Alrighty, Bob;
The Boss said 'Yes' and we pulled the trigger.
You should have PayPal from us,
I'm thrilled already!

Urb

UrbanMonique

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2014, 02:44:29 AM »
Holy Smokes,  I'm SLOW!
Folks, when I wrote that, I had just paid via PayPal.

Fact is, Bob already sent notice that the press would ship tomorrow, and sent me instructions and a pressing calculator.

I'll say 'Just go here and by one now'.

:D

Urb

Spoons

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2014, 02:58:02 AM »
4-minute shipping from Smolt  ;)

You'll love it, Urb! I've had mine for 3 and a half years now and it's still pressing strong! I'm quite imPRESSED! dah-dum-tshhh...

UrbanMonique

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2014, 03:28:16 PM »
Well I am thrilled and looking forward to it indeed!

Urb

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 45
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2014, 03:33:03 PM »
Hey Bob, I have a question for you. 

I make a lot of alpine cheeses, and use a hoop, rather than a mold - a "cercle" that surrounds the wheel, no holes, so whey just runs out freely from the bottom, basically all over the place.  I'm using a wooden tray drip system, the press sits on top, to allow the run the whey out and through a cut in the tray to the floor, but as it is, whey gets all over the press, especially the legs and the bottom portions of the uprights.  I know you've got some doubts on allowing this, do you have a workaround, at all?  (I see them allow this all the time, wood gets really hosed in whey - but they are religious about cleaning everything immediately after). 

Thanks very much.
- Paul

Offline smolt1

• Mature Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • SturdyPress.com
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2014, 04:15:06 PM »
I use a mold with no bottom also, but I keep the whey contained in a stainless pie pan below the mold. My issue with whey on the wood is that wood is very porous ( even Maple ) and there are lots of places for little bad things to hide and wait for the next cheese pressing. I suppose there are cleaners that will kill all the little bad things, but I personally would rather use stainless or plastic that have few hiding places. Of course I violate this rule on my own wooden kitchen cutting board.

I just put on my helmet to ward off the flak from all the "traditionalists"

Bob 

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 45
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2014, 04:21:28 PM »
My issue is that my wheels are about 11.5-11.75 inches D., so there's not enough room below the mold to fit a bottom.  I could probably just build a drain table of sorts that goes perpendicular to the press, but was hoping for an easier solution.  Sounds like it's traditional and boiling water, or the opposite, and non-porous materials....!

Thanks, Bob. 

BTW - forum is having some trouble on my end, possible DNS coming?  Anyone else getting the weird "safe" page formatting?
- Paul

UrbanMonique

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2014, 10:17:30 PM »
I use hard sided molds as well; I'm using rectangular lexan pans intended for food storage with the mold sitting in that to collect whey; maybe a 12" x 12" of those would work for you, Arnaud?

Urb