Author Topic: Nitai's Curd Cutter & Stainless Steel Soldering Problem  (Read 5908 times)

BigCheese

Re: Nitai's Curd Cutter & Stainless Steel Soldering Problem
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 05:02:35 AM »
Could you just use a heavy 20 lb test nylon fishing line and tie it?  $1.50 from walmart for about 100 ft.

Funny you should ask, I abandoned the trolling wire and got 40lb test nylon and finished stringing my cutters today. Pics coming tomorrow.

BigCheese

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2010, 05:21:12 AM »
At long last!

The ends are left loos right now as you can see, but I will tighten them up before my first run on Sunday. Although stainless steel would have been nice, these were strung very quickly and do not retain kinks like ss does.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2010, 04:16:01 AM »
Looks very nice and should work fine. Did you leave some way to tension the wires if needed?

BigCheese

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2010, 04:21:19 AM »
Well each of them still has one end that I have not resolved yet, but I do not plan to leave anything unless it is very simple. A little play in them is okay because they are so soft that I think the pressure of the curd is likely to straighten them out. Secondly, they string up in 15-20 min each and I have over 300 more yards of line, so I am not too concerned if I need to perfect the stringing. I just need to make some cheese, finally. Printing tomorrow's recipe as we speak :)