Author Topic: Hi from London  (Read 1274 times)

mcfly

Hi from London
« on: May 05, 2010, 09:25:31 AM »
Hi everybody,

I forgot to introduce myself sorry! I work and live in London but I'm originally from North Wales. I recently visited the Cotswolds in Glouestershire and spotted Alex James from a UK band called Blur. He now runs a farm and produces his own cheese called Little Wallop! On my return I bought a few books and have started to make my own cheese. As I live in London I don't have access to raw milk and general space so its more of a hobby than a business. I'm here to learn more about the science of cheesemaking so Ill probably be questioning you all a great deal over the next few months  >:D

Cheese Head

Re: Hi from London
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:41:05 AM »
Officially welcome Steve!

Heard about Blur band member making cheese, we need more famous people to get more visibility, if you spot him again, ask him to join :).

Two tricks for finding info in the forum, the Search Tool and in a Board, if you click on the column heading word Subject, it will sort all the thread titles alphabetically so you can see all the Vat or Milk threads together.

Cheers!

mcfly

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 10:45:24 AM »
Many thanks John!
Ill keep an eye out for him the next time I'm up there.. There is a great series he did called The Cheese Diaries which can be found here if you 're interested: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandhealth/series/cheesediaries

Looking forward to this new adventure...   :)

MarkShelton

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 12:11:37 PM »
Woo Hoo!  8)
I didn't know he made cheese now! That's great!

If it's science you're looking for, then member Linuxboy has that department covered. I'm not sure exactly what his credentials are, but it seems like he has the most thorough, technical and sound scientific advice around.

mcfly

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 09:21:53 AM »
Thanks Mark.. Enjoy the cheese diaries 8)

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 04:09:33 PM »
Welcome aboard Steve