Author Topic: Raclette  (Read 1766 times)

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Raclette
« on: May 15, 2010, 06:18:10 AM »
Well I finaly made Sue's raclette a few months back with a few gallons of milk I had left from the weeks pickup. I thought I had posted it somewhere but couldn't find it. In any case I cut it the other night to see what it was doing. It felt kind of soft and the color was more orange than red I believe Sue's was red. I have never had this cheese before either so the whole thing is new for me. Nice creamy taste but I resealed it and think I will wait another month or so I think this will develop a much richer flavor by then.  I did not have an aging time but I thought it was like 2 months?

This is what it looks like now:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 12:05:12 AM by DeejayDebi »

Alex

Re: Raclette
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 07:26:20 AM »
Looks good to me, I'm with you, go for one more month.

Amatolman

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 01:39:22 PM »
Now all you have to do is lay that bad boy on a piece of stone in front of a fire and then scrap the bubbling melting mass over some boiled potatoes. . . :)

scubagirlwonder

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 05:04:54 PM »
That is a beautiful cheese!! Well done, you always impress me with how delicious your cheeses look! They make my mouth water! ;D I think I am going to have to make this my next cheese...it looks sooo good!

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 04:25:55 AM »
I am hoping it tastes as good as it looks. I had to buy a piece to compare as I have never had this cheese before. The color of the rind is definately lighter than the store bought one I got today. Although even though I feel it is too young yet mine is definately creamier.

deb415611

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 11:11:34 AM »
That looks great Debi !

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 03:48:13 AM »
Thanks guys!