Author Topic: hello folks  (Read 2458 times)

reg

hello folks
« on: April 28, 2008, 04:37:29 PM »
just wanted to intoduce myself. name is reg and i'm from Niagara Falls Canada. novice home cheese maker. have made some basic semi hard cheese so far and was really impressed with it. have a round Gouda and a round of Alpine Farmhouse cheese aging as we speak. they are both about three weeks old now

hope to learn more about cheese making here

reg

webmaster

Re: hello folks
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 12:10:40 AM »
Howdy Reg and Welcome

Like you I am a novice cheese maker and while I now live in Houston, I grew up in Vancouver BC. I just set up this Forum a month or so ago and very hard for people to find this website on google, any ideas you have I'd appreciate. I'm on my 4th batch of cheese, also coincidentally a Gouda that started aging yesterday, I'm posting some pictures of it tonight in the Cheese Making board. Please feel free to post any cheese making snaps recipes trips and traps etc you want, also in Cheese Making Materials I'm going to ask you what you are doing for molds and a press.

Thanks for joining . . . John.

Ten

New from Camas, Washington - Have second year goats but no kids yet
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 05:53:32 PM »
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum. I have made cheese as a kid and as an adult but it has been a while and some of my tries were flops. My son made some Parmesan several months ago and then left for Europe for two years. It will be done when he gets back. I had to do all of the oiling and then wax it. It looks really great. I will try to include a pic at some point. I just bought some 6" PVC pipe last night for molds and will be putting together a press as well. I have all of the ingredients for Baby Swiss except one and that will come about the time I get the molds finished. I love eating cheese and making it too. I look forward to all of the wisdom on this forum and will be on here lurking or posting quite a bit. I am also into BBQ and so spend time there as well. So much to learn so little time away from work to do it all. Thanks again for all of your knowledge and willingness to share.

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 11:21:39 PM »
Welcome, Ten!
-- Andy

Jay-1

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 04:46:04 AM »
 Welcome to the forum :)