Author Topic: Tartiflette and Reblochon  (Read 3004 times)

veronique

Tartiflette and Reblochon
« on: June 04, 2010, 12:24:09 PM »
Hi everyone

Just wanted to let you know that I wrote an article about Reblochon cheese and how to make a Tartiflette.

I have a cooking and travel blog. I hope you will find the response to your question.
Veroshappytravels.com
Secrets of Reblochon cheese making: visit of a farm in Haute Savoy
Tartiflette potato dish recipe with reblochon cheese and white wine

Regards,

Véronique

PS: Sorry for the broken links before, I've finally managed to fix them.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 04:14:57 PM by veronique »

Brie

Re: Tartiflette and Reblochon
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 12:04:24 AM »
Thanks for the article--very cute! Love to see cheese being made by small producers who put so much heartfelt work into it.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 03:29:02 AM »
Nice blog. I enjoyed the article and the photos thanks! The second link would not work for me.

iratherfly

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 06:56:14 AM »
Very nice Veronique!

I love stories that put me in a remote farm far far away. Especially when it's about things I try to do here at home. You have great photos (I wish they were bigger!)

One of your links got messed up, it should be http://veroshappytravels.com/Recipes/2010/January/Tartiflette.html

I love Reblochon and have now 3 of them aging in my cheese cave. Unfortunately they are very hard to get in the US because there is a law that denies import of raw milk cheese to the US unless it's older than 60 days. Reblochon cannot survive 60 days of aging and the AOC rules won't allow it to be made of pasteurized milk. That's very sad...

Tartiflette is delicious! But I always feel so sad to sacrifice an entire Reblochon!

Where are you writing from?

veronique

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 04:13:36 PM »
Hi

Thanks for your email. I am writing from Zurich in Switzerland. Sorry to only reply now but I had troubles going into the cheese forum and tried to reset my password several times.