Author Topic: Vat, 500 Liter - Built For Under $3000  (Read 3906 times)

jackdag

Vat, 500 Liter - Built For Under $3000
« on: June 07, 2010, 03:29:50 AM »
Hi Guys and ladys

Im from Canada , Quebec, i try many time to look for a used vat with a large capacity, but price are just too crazy, but one day, one of my dealer who have a metal soldering shop told me (with the plan i give him) that he can build me that the vat is a 36x36x48 inches , double wall including the butterfly valve, and of course meet the standard for the soldering joint regarding food processing and stainles steel requirement too for food, and all this for less then 3k so now i finialy order mine its will be around a 500 liter vat with the v shape inside, so just go ask a weldering shop, of course my dealer dont know what its was for before just told them its a kind of bath hehehe coz pretty sure if he know the real price of vat cheese that will not be that price, but now he know and said is ok with the 3k he make me the price

So maybe its a good idea for u too to look for those kind of little soldering metal shop, mine do snowplaw hehehe

Maybe this can help u.. now very excited to recieve mine and not paying 10k+ and for a cheese vat

BigCheese

Re: Vat, 500 Liter - Built For Under $3000
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 03:37:50 AM »
That sounds great. I hope he or she is going to weld it and not solder though. It will not last as long if it is soldered.

coffee joe

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 11:45:14 AM »
I presume our friend from Quebec speaks French, souder = Weld.

Dukesterct

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 04:27:15 AM »
Sounds like your friend runs a welding shop and repairs/fabricates snow plows!

That line of work is usually done with arc welding (stick) and or MIG (wire feed) welding. Stainless is a horse of a different color, especially fabricating a cheese vat, which are typically made out of SS sheetmetal and all welds are done with a TIG welder for super fine welds, polished to perfection.

If you're getting all that fine and extensive work for 3 grand, consider yourself lucky.

Jaap Jongia

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 09:32:14 AM »
As they say in England, you pay your money and take your choice. To solder/weld some stainless steel together is one thing, to have a good cheese vat, is an other. I am involved in the supply of dairy equipment and yes, it costs money for a good vat, but it has to be hygenic and conform to many rules and regulations. We have just supplied a 500 l vat, including 2 heating elements, agitator (planet type), lid, measuring stick, semi automatic control for apx. 12,000 euro. I believe that is very reasonable and if you are making cheese as a business, do not cut corners, because you will end up spending money twice.

jackdag

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 10:50:08 AM »
All our equipment are weld by TIG and are all compliant with HACCP and interational standard weld are plished and respect teh standard raio weld and we made below 5,000 US for 1000 liters capacity

visit us at www.triplejmanufacturing.com