Author Topic: Cheese Tease in Annapolis  (Read 1802 times)

Treva

Cheese Tease in Annapolis
« on: September 21, 2008, 04:37:59 AM »
Hello kindred cheese gastronomes. I'm happy to have found this group.

I'm a traveling/sailing chef who has recently returned to my homeland for an extended stay. I work part-time for a friend in her gourmet store and love to care for and peddle the beautiful cheeses. I've come to the CheeseForum to learn and tp share enthusiasms. As part of my cheese studies - I've started a twitter journal. It is entirely non-commercial and completely free. It is a way to reinforce my cheese notes and lyricize about each cheese in 140 characters or less. Anyone who cares to follow along can do so at http://twitter.com/CheeseTease

Additionally, I want to make simple cheeses, develop high-end gourmet menu items featuring finer cheeses, look for killer grilled cheese sandwich combos, make photographs of cheese and take cheese field trips. I have similar obsessions with specialty coffees and mushrooms. Though these culinary obsessions are expressed in different forms - it seems inevitable that I will confuse and combine in delectable ways.  For instance:

~ Finca Mauritania Coffee Ravioli filled with Chestnut Confiture served in a Parmigiano-Reggiano Tuille with Baby Shitake Mushrooms and Beurre Blanc

or

~ Crystals of Very Aged (8 years) Gouda with Soft Boiled Eggs, Enoki Mushrooms, Baby White Asparagus and Huehuetenengo Coffee Buttons

I am afraid of what will happen if I add chocolate to my mix of quests. I will try to resist.

Looking forward to cheeseforum exchanges, visiting farmsteads, creameries and cheese conventions.

All best regards,

Treva

« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 12:22:07 AM by Treva »

Cheese Head

Re: Cheese Tease in Annapolis
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 01:45:25 PM »
Welcome to this forum Chease Tease, you certainly have some interesting combinations that at least I had never thought about before!

Looking forward to your input and hope we can help in anyway on your cheese making.

Tea

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 09:14:30 PM »
Hi Treva, and welcome to the forum.  Your imput sounds like it will, at the very least, be interesting.  Intriguing combinations you've got going there.

reg

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 11:58:26 AM »
good morning and welcome Treva. good to see another chef on board.

Where is  Annapolis ?

reg

Treva

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 04:57:24 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome.

To Reg in Niagra Falls, Canada.  Annapolis is the capital of the state of Maryland. Home to St. John's College, The United States Naval Academy, many sailors and their boats. It is about a half hour's drive from Washington DC. We need more fine cheeses here.