Author Topic: Renco Calf Rennet Dried or Liquid - Where to buy in Australia?  (Read 9447 times)

silverjam

Renco Calf Rennet Dried or Liquid - Where to buy in Australia?
« on: October 26, 2011, 09:44:28 AM »
Does anyone know where I can buy Renco Calf Rennet either in liquid or powder form? I am only a home cheese maker so I only need a retail portion (not a 20 litre bucket). I can buy it online from over seas but was hoping to find an australian supplier.  Or if anyone has alternate suggestions for calf rennet that they swear by that they think is ok to send to Aust please let me know your suggestions.

Offline fied

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 6
  • Default personal text
Re: Renco Calf Rennet Dried or Liquid - Where to buy in Australia?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 10:04:59 AM »
As far as I can remember, Renco is a New Zealand product. It might be worthwhile looking up NZ sites and cheese sites for it.

Offline NimbinValley

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 7
  • Default personal text
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 01:22:39 AM »
I spoke to Rennco directly and they are currently establishing an agent in Australia.  At this stage the only legal way to do it is to obtain an import certificate and do it directly.  Not difficult but contains a cost.  I know of people who have imported it directly from the US in the post though without any dramas.  Like many things in life, not legal, but seems to work!

margaretsmall

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 10:59:12 PM »
I've bought DS calf rennet from Cheeselinks, don't know what brand, as they have repackaged it. It's not listed on their website as they don't always have it, so email them. Supplied in a 125g container.
Margaret

eyepea

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 03:33:35 AM »
Cheeselinks and Country Brewer currently have animal/calf rennet available in Australia.

http://shop.cheeselinks.com.au/Rennet-for-milk-coagulation/Calf-Rennet-125g-p164.html

http://www.countrybrewer.com.au/products/Animal-Rennet-%252d-140-IMCU%7B47%7Dml-50ml.html

I am not sure if it is Renco. I don't believe it would be otherwise you would think they would advertise that due to Renco's high quality rep.

Still it is animal rennet for the purists or those seeking to make long ageing cheeses like me.

IP