Author Topic: The Fun of Buying Cheese  (Read 3243 times)

merlin

The Fun of Buying Cheese
« on: April 29, 2008, 01:50:26 AM »
I stumbled across this site while at work the other day, the funny thing is it was part of my job.  I am a Cheese buyer for a specialty foodservice company in the Metro NY area.  I'd like to use this site to exchange ideas and experiences.  I currently import cheeses from France, Spain, GB, and Denmark not to mention the great artisinal domestic cheese.  It's an amazing world and has helped develop my passion for cheese.

webmaster

The Fun of Buying Cheese
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 02:01:46 AM »
Hello Merlin and welcome to this site and forum.

Wow, so don't you have a great job! As someone once said, "do something you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life", or something close to that. I and I suspect most readers here will be very envious!

I'm not sure how the members of the Forum can help you with ideas and experiences but we'll try.

I started this website and forum partly as I also like cheese and partly because I wanted the challenge of building a website and partly because to my surprise, I couldn't find a good Cheese Forum! It's really just getting started and thus very hard to find unless like you say, one stumbles across it. For example if you do a google search on Cheese Forum you get very poor hits. Any ideas on how to make it easier to find would be appreciated, plus anything you'd like to contribute would be great such as how your business works as I have no idea.

Thanks for your support . . . John.

reg

Re: The Fun of Buying Cheese
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 12:23:05 PM »
hi Merlin. cool job, buying cheese :-)

i cook BBQ for a living but just love this new hobby of making cheese at home. i have wanted to do this for years and finally got around to doing it. with the warmer weather now here i probably won't get that much time for this hobby but after the busy season i'm going at it full bore

reg