Author Topic: Cheese database?  (Read 3806 times)

Treva

Cheese database?
« on: September 22, 2008, 05:17:16 PM »
What is the best most comprehensive cheese database on the internet? It would be useful to search for nationality, classification and milk type. It would be great if photographs of the cheeses were included. Over 2000 cheeses are being transported to Dublin for the 2008 World Cheese Awards. So many cheeses!

Tea

Re: Cheese database?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 08:04:26 PM »
It would be lovely to have a data base of the cheese going over to Dublin, let alone anything else.  2000, it seems almost impossible.

Captain Caprine

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 05:49:20 PM »
While it is mainly an advertisement for their cultures and enzymes and has no pics the Danlac Canada site has a database you may want to look at.  It has been the start of many of my experiments.
Cheers
CC

http://www.danlac.com/ingredients

Cheese Head

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 07:46:28 PM »
Captain, thanks, good post.

I vagely remember going there when I first started but I thought that you had to but a product to get one recipe. But I've just added three recipes to my checkout and it wants to charge me $0 for the recipes and just $5 for postage. I'm sure if I added 30 recipes and paid just $5 that they wouldn't ship, correct?

Or are you talking about their Newsletter Archive? Thanks again!

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 21
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 07:56:08 PM »
I've talked with Egon at Danlac and he sent me a couple of recipes. They may be repeats but I'll post them anyway.