Author Topic: Wanted: Small Kadova Mold  (Read 3481 times)

KingBrianI

Wanted: Small Kadova Mold
« on: July 03, 2010, 04:58:38 AM »
Hey everyone!  I'm new here.  I'm just starting to get into cheesemaking and I'm really enjoying it.  I've made a gouda and a monterey jack already and can't wait for them to age so I can try them.  I'm using the simple mold that comes in the Ricki kits though, and it leaves much to be desired.  So I'd really like to buy someone's used Kadova mold, in either 450 g or 1 kg size.  So if you have upgraded to larger sizes and have an extra small mold laying around, or if you have several and don't need one, please let me know.  Thanks, and I look forward to continuing to improve my cheese through the info I glean from this site!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 02:42:00 PM by KingBrianI »

mtncheesemaker

Re: Wanted: Small Kadova Mold
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 01:49:43 PM »
Welcome to the forum. You'll find good info and friendly folks here.

KingBrianI

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 02:42:23 PM »
Thanks Pam!

BigCheese

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 05:03:40 PM »
Hi Brian,

Look up Troy in the member list. 2 months ago he had some 450g kadovas available. Also ullmers dairy equipment had the cheapest 450's around, but last I looked they were not listed on the site anymore. Might be worth giving them a call anyway. Let me know how it goes. I might be willing to part with 1 or 2 of mine.

KingBrianI

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 06:24:12 PM »
Thanks for the leads Nitai!  I actually saw Troy's post stating he had some for sale and sent him an email asking about them a couple days ago but I've yet to hear back.  I'm going to shoot an email to Ullmer's right now to inquire about their Kadova stock.  Thanks again for the response!  I'm really liking this site, everyone is so helpful!

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 08:29:20 PM »
There not used but the best price for new kadova moulds is Glengarry Cheese

http://glengarrycheesemaking.on.ca/wax.htm

linuxboy

BigCheese

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 09:19:17 PM »
According to the Ullmers people, theirs were not used. They were owned by a creamery that never used them, then sold them to Ullmers. Regardless, thery were $20 each when I got 'em.

TroyG

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 03:47:56 PM »
Sorry I am sold out. Never got your email.

KingBrianI

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 07:21:01 PM »
Dang, too bad.  I used the little letter symbol by your screen name to send the email.  Maybe it's linked to an old address?