I made another Caerphilly tonight. I pressed and flipped 6 times at much lower PSI. First few were bellow 1 PSI working the way up to 2.5 PSI.
The bad news is the cheese stuck to the netting once again, but not as much. Next time, I'll dunk the netting and then the cheese in my brine for a few seconds right before the final "overnight" press. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.
This time though, I managed to salvage the cheese surface; i rinsed and scrubbed (no soap, just tap water) the netting until all the stuck cheese came off. I flipped the damaged cheese and pressed it at 2.5 PSI for 1 hour.
I'm determined to get around this. Getting better