Author Topic: Hello from Port Townsend WA  (Read 2257 times)

littlehop

Hello from Port Townsend WA
« on: October 04, 2008, 03:14:48 PM »
Just found the forum, it is great to see so much info and help in one place. I live in port townsend washington with my wife and 11 month old son. We love cheese and we are itching to try and make our own. I am an avid homebrewer of beer, we also enjoy making wine. We are looking forward to learning how to make cheese.

Tea

Re: Hello from Port Townsend WA
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 08:10:27 PM »
Good morning Littlehop and welcome to the forum, glad you have found us.  Hope you enjoy your journey making cheese.  It is a fun and rewarding endeavour.
I too have a little one, although he is now 19mths old.  I also make mead.
Hope to see you around.

Cheese Head

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 09:23:33 PM »
Welcome Little Hop

I grew up in Vancouver Canada and went camping lots on Whidby Island State Park and visiting Port Townsend lots as a kid. Live now in Katy on outskirts of Houston Texas, two teenage daughters, both of which have dates to their school's Homecoming Dance tonight in one hour! I just picked up the boutonniere's for the dates, lots of flapping about hair and makeup etc. Easier fathering years are over, now have to worry about boys and cars. Hope you enjoy your cheese making adventures.

Sherin

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 11:59:43 PM »
Hi! I just joined forum from Kent. My Dad summers up in Sekiu.
do you know of any local place to get cheese making supplies?

Cheese Head

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 04:10:31 AM »
Sherin, I expect you are asking littlehop as lives nearby your Dad. If littlehop doesn't know of any, I've listed all the mail order internet stores I've found heard of here, good luck.

Sherin

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 03:30:49 PM »
Thanks!  I've been using the internet stores and the shipping is killing me. (And there doesn't seem to be consistant weight & packaging provided on some sites.)