Author Topic: Forum IT Questions - Adding "Cheeses" & Show Only Unread Posts?  (Read 1996 times)

AvB

Hello!

Could someone tell me how "Cheeses" are updated on our Profile?

I just made my first cheese last night and am excited to have everyone know.  ^-^

FarmerJd

Re: Forum IT Questions - Adding "Cheeses" & Show Only Unread Posts?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 10:57:16 PM »
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first of many cheeses. The "cheeses" number in your profile is simply a way of giving kudos to someone for their expertise. You can give someone a cheese for their help as a way of giving them credibility. The "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" accomplishes this. I am giving you your first cheese right now. Good luck.

AvB

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 10:59:38 PM »
Why thank you :)

I think it'd be fun to have a place to post little pictures of the cheeses we've made on our profiles, and let others ask questions about them.

Does that function exist somewhere else on the site that I don't yet realize?

Cheers!

Groves

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 11:15:35 PM »
I am recently new to the site, and I also thought that "cheeses" referred to the differing types of cheeses you had made.

I'm bummed to find out it's not the case, it would be a cool add-on.

More than that, though, I'd love a button that takes me to the first unread post within a thread. I'll give lots of thumbs up cheeses for that feature.

FarmerJd

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 12:26:03 AM »
You can find a lot of info on using the site by clicking here.
Groves, you can also set your threads to start with the last post by tinkering with your profile settings. Can't remember exactly but look for it there and if you cant find it, let me know and I'll help. I have mine set that way.

BigCheese

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 02:18:22 AM »
More than that, though, I'd love a button that takes me to the first unread post within a thread. I'll give lots of thumbs up cheeses for that feature.

When you click "Show unread posts since last visit" at the top of the screen, every thread in that list has a little orange square that says "new", next to the title. Click that square to get to the last unread post in that thread.

Groves

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 03:08:27 AM »
When you click "Show unread posts since last visit" at the top of the screen, every thread in that list has a little orange square that says "new", next to the title. Click that square to get to the last unread post in that thread.

much obliged!

Gina

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 03:21:51 AM »
Quote from: AvB
I think it'd be fun to have a place to post little pictures of the cheeses we've made on our profiles, and let others ask questions about them.

You can list the cheeses you've made in your sig-line. If you make a cheese and want to discuss it, start a thread in one of the sections below that most fits. People often do that.  :)