Author Topic: Apricot cheese  (Read 3030 times)

bundy

Apricot cheese
« on: October 07, 2008, 01:53:59 AM »
Hi all
  hope some one can help.i would lick to make a cheese with chopped apricot,would anyone have a suggestion on what cheese to use?
Bundy

Cheese Head

Re: Apricot cheese
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 12:25:36 PM »
My vote is for Apricot Cream Cheese . . . let us know what happens which ever you choose.

reg

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 12:47:31 PM »
good idea CH, i'm also thinking Jack cheese using dried apricots ???

reg

Tea

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 08:53:48 PM »
And I was thinking either of those two, depending on what you were finally aiming for, ie: a soft spreadible cheese, or a harder cheese.
I was also thinking with the Jack, that you could stew the apricots in a bit of water to soften and cool, (like the peppercorns are boiled for the pepato), then the apricots and juice could be stirred through the cheese just before it is poured into the mould and pressed.  Thought that process might impart a bit more of the flavours, and any excess moisture would be expelled with the pressing.
Anyway just my thoughts.

bundy

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 11:06:55 PM »
Thanks for the input.
have gone with tea's jack i am after a firmer and creamier cheese.
i made Tea's Jack with herbs tried last night and seems to be the consistency i am after
will let you know how things turn out
Bundy

Tea

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 07:08:30 AM »
Great to hear.  I don't think you will be disappointed with the jack.  It has become a favourite of mine.
Don't forget to post some pic of the cheeses too.

reg

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 11:47:48 AM »
good stuff bundy, i think that will be a great cheese. looking forward to seeing and hearing about the end product

reg

bundy

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 10:50:58 PM »
photo of apricot jack,dark colour is from coating with home made port.will let you know how things turn out when we have taste test.
Bundy

Treva

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 11:08:57 PM »
White Stilton is a good base. Lemon Stilton with candied lemon peel is a very nice cheese. Interested to know how your apricot bits are faring.

wnascimento

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 01:59:14 PM »
The cheese that is very manufactured in Campinas, SP , Brazil is the Boursin with chopped Apricots. They are sold in small containers of 200 grams.

Wallace

Stinky

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 04:33:47 PM »
White Stilton is a good base. Lemon Stilton with candied lemon peel is a very nice cheese. Interested to know how your apricot bits are faring.

I had some white stilton with apricot. It was pretty good, although i'd have preferred a greater ratio of cheese to fruit.