Author Topic: Hello from Countrygirl in Gippsland  (Read 1071 times)

countrygirl

Hello from Countrygirl in Gippsland
« on: July 11, 2010, 06:58:02 AM »
Hi everyone,
I am a retired Qantas hostie who lives in Gippsland Victoria on four acres in lush dairy country. One reason I took early retirement is that there is so much more  I want to learn and do in life. I've always had a passion for cheese and used to buy divine Bergkaese from Allgau during layovers in Mainz, Germany. That is the ultimate cheese for me, but for now I would like to read and learn what others are doing in the cheesemaking endeavours, so I can have a go too. I am really impressed with the achievements I've seen so far. Warm greetings Countrygirl

Cheese Head

Re: Hello from Countrygirl in Gippsland
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 11:00:49 AM »
Howdy Countrygirl in Southern Oz from Houston Texas! You are our first one I believe in Victoria so I've just added your location to our list.

Lots of Australians here, even an Australian Board with sub-boards for states & territories including Victoria (so we must have members there!).

So many members have cows or goats or are you going to get your milk from near by farms or start with store bought milk. I suggets start with simple cheeses and work your way up to Bergkaese, which I believe is a Swiss type cheese and thus could be aged in a normal household fridge, but others in the Swiss Type cheese board will know better.

Have fun!

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 02:53:51 AM »
Welcome countrygirl! Good luck with your cheesemaking. It can be very rewarding!

FarmerJd

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 03:51:46 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you aboard!