Author Topic: Mail Order Cheese  (Read 5667 times)

jayo2

Mail Order Cheese
« on: October 11, 2008, 06:02:26 PM »
Does anyone buy cheese over the internet?

Full disclosure, I just started working for artisanalcheese.com and curious if anyone has had experience with them or other internet cheese shippers?

thanks.

apblay29

Re: Mail Order Cheese
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 11:47:09 PM »
Looks like this one's been up for a while and nobody's answered.  I'm surprised there aren't more threads on this topic.  Well anyway, one reliable place I've found online to buy cheese is from the Cheese Ambassador.

FRANCOIS

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 11:51:57 PM »
I used to ship cheese with on line ordering.  It's a pain in the @#&#.  I'm sure I lost money via refunds for shipping companies screwing up constantly. 

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 09:26:07 PM »
I think if I did I would only do in in the winter.

zenith1

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 02:47:58 AM »
i have used igourmet. They have a huge selection.

ffd

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 03:58:54 PM »
Does anyone buy cheese over the internet?

Full disclosure, I just started working for artisanalcheese.com and curious if anyone has had experience with them or other internet cheese shippers?

thanks.

May I ask in what sort of packaging you use to ship cheese?

We use Polystyrene boxes with ice packs but they are only good for large orders due to their cost, size and environmental impact.

Currently we are looking to try some foil packets so we can send single pieces of cheese cheaply to fit the market where people only want a small amount to try but struggling to find anything.

Sailor Con Queso

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 05:23:16 PM »
Vacuum bag. I don't think I would ship to Florida when it's 95f but vac bagged cheese will do fine in reasonable temperatures.

ffd

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 07:13:07 PM »
Vacuum bag. I don't think I would ship to Florida when it's 95f but vac bagged cheese will do fine in reasonable temperatures.

Thank you.  It's a bit colder here in England so it should work nicely.

Amish Food

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 03:06:05 PM »
I have found that Amish Collection has Gussisberg Baby Swiss Cheese at the best prices on the web.  Its an Ohio Amish Cheese.

Amish Food

tasteofcheese

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 08:23:51 PM »
I work at tasteofcheese.ca and we send cheese all over Canada at any point of the year. We use styro boxes in cardboard boxes with ice packs and packing paper to ship our cheese. This seems to be the most effective and stable method, even though it is not the most environmentally friendly. After lots of looking around, I still haven't found better methods.

spalko

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 12:18:17 AM »
I ship all over the US on Tuesday of each week.  I have several local folks who buy cheese from me who own vet clinics and medical labs.  I give them cheese periodically and they save their styrofoam lined boxes and freezer packs for me.

I know shipping can "seem" like a potential nightmare, but this has really worked well for me.
It's free packaging, and I simply charge the customer for the UPS charges.

Hope that helps someone...
Those free packaging materials are out there, so it's worth it to find a few sources rather than paying money for them.