Author Topic: Howdy From Michigan  (Read 2141 times)

9mmruger

Howdy From Michigan
« on: July 22, 2010, 01:35:24 PM »
New to this board a few days ago.  Thanks for hosting it.  It contains lots of valuable information.  I have a question, How does one edit the number of cheeses in the cheese counter?

Gina

Re: Howdy From Michigan
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 01:40:46 PM »
Hi, and welcome to the board.

The cheese counter is not a list of cheeses each of us has made, but rather 'bonus points' that we each can award to someone else when they post especially helpful information. When you are logged in, you'll notice a 'thumbs up' or 'down' when someone posts, and that is what you click to change their number of cheeses. :)

9mmruger

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 01:42:34 PM »
Thanks Gina, I appreciate it.  I thought it was the number of cheeses that we had made and I wanted to get my 13 in there  lol, Now I know.

Cheese Head

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 09:38:12 AM »
Welcome Mr. Kim, it's been a long time since I've been ice fishing, happy memories. I'm in Texas now so no ice!

I just gave you a thumbs up (Cheese) for your Intro post, there's a How To about it in the FAQ Board, cheers!

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 03:38:03 AM »
Welcome Mr. Kim. 13 cheeses is a pretty good start. What have you made?

9mmruger

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 08:11:57 PM »
Thanks for the welcome John(CH) and the thumbs up. 

DJD, I have made cheddar s, Colby, Swiss, Feta's, Derby's, Caerphilly's.  No bloomed cheeses yet.  Soon, very soon.

Someone must have given me a thumbs down as well, sorry if I have offended anyone.  Certainly not trying to.

FarmerJd

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 09:33:58 PM »
I haven't officially welcomed you yet; so welcome aboard.

Someone must have given me a thumbs down as well, sorry if I have offended anyone.  Certainly not trying to.

Someone may have done it accidentally. Thumbs up from me for trying not to offend. Easy to do when writing on a message board.  :)

9mmruger

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 11:13:11 AM »
Thanks FarmerJD!  I have read several of your posts and you certainly seem to know what you are doing.  I look forward to reading more.

kim

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 06:14:42 PM »
Thanks for the welcome John(CH) and the thumbs up. 

DJD, I have made cheddar s, Colby, Swiss, Feta's, Derby's, Caerphilly's.  No bloomed cheeses yet.  Soon, very soon.

You are indeed well into the cheese making bug aren't you? Looks like you have covered several styles in a short period. Good for you I am looking forward to seeing wha you do next. Maybe someone acciden't hit the wrong button on the thumbs down thing - I can't see anyone here doing that.