Author Topic: Here Is My Cheese Cave  (Read 4748 times)

9mmruger

Here Is My Cheese Cave
« on: July 29, 2010, 04:31:31 PM »
Thought you may enjoy seeing my cave.

Gina

Re: Here Is My Cheese Cave
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 06:10:52 PM »
Very nice Mr Kim. Shelving looks quite versitale and that you have lots of room for more cheeses in there. :) Was it a wine cooler in it's former life?

My first one was/is a counter-height dorm-type fridge with a freezer inside that takes up too much room. You have much more space in yours. Mine was a Craig's list cheapo, but good to begin with. But it's gotten over-crowded with aging cheeses too fast. Fortunately I just found a used standard size freezerless fridge that I am thrilled about, and should be arriving later today.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 06:24:54 PM by Gina »

Groves

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 06:20:51 PM »
I do enjoy.

Details, man. Details.

Any downsides? Looks great.

9mmruger

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 07:12:28 PM »
It was a cold drink fridge, not specifically for wine, but one of the shelve pivots up so that you can put wine in it if you desire.  I bought it at ABC Warehouse for $139.00 if I remember correctly.  Paid for by eBay sales of some RV parts that I had, so it cost me practically nothing.   ;D  I presently have it set and running a 52 degrees F so it works very well.  I put a bowl of water in for humidity.

Brie

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 01:48:39 AM »
Coolness, Mr. Kim. I have 2 energy-efficient GE compacts (freezerless) that I can store up to 20 wheels in. I separate the white mold from the blue. They work great for me and I think they were around $140 eaqch at Sam's Club.

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 06:42:13 AM »
Is that a current photo? I see Cheddar and Colby from March 2008? I'd say they're well-aged.

Looks very flexible with all the shelf mounts.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

9mmruger

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 04:47:54 PM »
Not real current, those were eaten 2008 Holiday season.  We move since then and I was not able to make any cheese last year at all. Just now starting again and have 3 under my belt.  Saturday will make 4!  Good to be back at it again. 

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 02:51:50 AM »
Alright, Saturday!

I too am aiming at early Saturday morning. I've laid in 4 gallons of 1% milk and 4 gallons of whole milk.

My wife is away on a trip so the "Honey-Do" list is on-hold and the kitchen is all mine.  ;D

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!

wharris

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 01:14:36 PM »
"Honey-do list is on hold...."
thats classic...

My wife is a project manager at her work, and I kid you not; I have a project plan, with estimated durations and task assignments, printed as a Ghant chart on the Fridge.

I'm doomed.

linuxboy

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 03:42:28 PM »
thats classic...

My wife is a project manager at her work, and I kid you not; I have a project plan, with estimated durations and task assignments, printed as a Ghant chart on the Fridge.

I'm doomed.

Just tell her you're switching over to an Agile methodology and would much prefer SCRUM-derived management over the elephantine waterfall model. What could go wrong? On second thought, better not... you'd have a "SCRUM master" :O

"Look honey; I put duct tape on that broken fridge door. Quick fix engineering"

I <3 frameworks.

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 04:02:09 PM »
thats classic...

I'm doomed.

I feel your pain....

Uhh, Honey, I've got a schedule slip here. Gonna have to push that task completion out a bit....

Yeah, that'll work.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!

Sailor Con Queso

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2010, 04:05:02 PM »
I'm about a year out on my honey-do list. When the wife asks me to take on a new project, I can just say "I'll put it on the list".  >:D

wharris

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2010, 04:52:05 PM »
Just tell her you're switching over to an Agile methodology and would much prefer SCRUM-derived management over the elephantine waterfall model. What could go wrong? On second thought, better not... you'd have a "SCRUM master" :O
god, I would love to say that I've no idea what you are talking about,  however,  I just can't say that.
She's a certified PMP.

clherestian

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 07:54:36 PM »

"Look honey; I put duct tape on that broken fridge door. Quick fix engineering"

I <3 frameworks.

Haha. We use an agile methodology at work. I think my wife would like the idea of a daily standup to talk about what part of the honey-do list I worked on yesterday and what I'm doing today. I like helping her out, but that would drive me batty.

Cheesetart

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2010, 01:32:40 AM »
I'm just chuckling as I spent the entire day in project plan turmoil -- trying to reign in a project plan in an organization that challenges the best of any development methodology.  All I could think of all day was that I wanted to just go home and make cheese.   :)  I have a weekend of work ahead of me to get a grip on the change controls.  But that is okay.   This is my husband's sausage making weekend.  He gets the kitchen and I can work on the corporate stuff.