Author Topic: Hello from Western WA state  (Read 1418 times)

FoxDog Farm

Hello from Western WA state
« on: July 30, 2010, 08:36:23 AM »
I'm Rikke, one of the owners of the FoxDog Farm microfarm.  We run a CSA and raise milk goats (Nigerian Dwarves).  I've been making cheese for about 8 years now, and hope to move into commercial production some time in the future.  First though, going to get my dairy a Grade A status so I can sell raw milk.

I reliably make really good chevre, feta, parmesan, romano, jack, blue, cheddar, and more.  I think I've mastered the basics and understand a lot about cheesemaking.  I teach classes on basic cheesemaking, and on cheesemaking through history.  However, I really want to learn more about the science of cheesemaking.  I also am interested in making some of the more obscure cheeses and learning how to use natural rinds.  Anyway, I'm really looking forward to delving into this forum!

Cheese Head

Re: Hello from Western WA state
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 10:45:45 AM »
Hi Rikke in Washington State USA, glad to have you here, looking forward to your input, good luck getting you license.

coffee joe

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 11:22:22 AM »
Welcome to the Cheeseforum. In my short time here, I have found that there is an incredible amount of information, and talent, available here.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 02:54:09 AM »
Welcome aboard rikke. SOuns like you've done well. Good luck with the Status upgrade.

FarmerJd

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 04:34:05 AM »
Welcome aboard. Sounds like you are already a pro. I look forward to having your input. :)

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 06:31:57 AM »
Alright, another fount of knowledge in cheesedom!

Welcome, Rikke.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

FoxDog Farm

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 10:14:42 AM »
Thanks so much for the welcomes, everyone!   :D