Author Topic: Mr. Kim  (Read 917 times)

9mmruger

Mr. Kim
« on: August 05, 2010, 03:08:09 PM »
Hi, I am from a small town in south west Michigan, the magic capital of the world.  I spent 5 years in the Army from 68 to 73 and got out. (Thinking back I should have stayed in.)  I went to work for an RV manufacturing firm and have been here for 36 years.  In my younger days I enjoyed hunting, fishing, trapping, all of the outdoor sports.  Now I only fish.  I got to the point that hunting and trapping were not fun anymore as I would rather see the critters alive. 

Some of my other interests include homebrewing, I love porters and pale ales.  A good brown, like those produced at Old Hat brewery in Lawton, MI is very good as well, and I make that 40 mile drive on occasion just to have one.

I started cheese making in 2008 and primarily used buttermilk for starters.  I ended up moving in 2009 and with all the remodeling and such I did not make any cheese that year.  Things have settled down now, so I am back at it.

Four years ago we (my wife and I) lost our long loved friend Sugar, a black shepherd/water spaniel mix.  We have just recently had the stomach to replace her.  We got a beautiful black and tan GS female with whom we have completely fallen in love.  She is so smart.  Completely housebroke in 18 days.

I want to thank all here at this forum for the fantastic posts and recipes and shared knowledge.

Mondequay

Re: Mr. Kim
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 05:50:50 PM »
Your new puppy is very cute! It has been helpful to me to follow your cheese making experiences  and your personality comes through in your posts. I love Michigan and am heading that way next week for a bit.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 11:52:38 PM »
Oh what a cute puppy! I hear you about getting a new one after a loss. I have had the same problem but do not yet feel ready after about 5 years.

9mmruger

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 01:23:02 PM »
Thank you both.  It was a difficult decision for us, but we are really happy that we decided positively.  Stella is absolutely wonderful.  Very smart girl.  Loves cheese curd that does not make it to the press.   ;)

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 02:34:49 AM »
Fresh puppy treats!  My cats love them too.