Author Topic: Ginger Stilton with Lime Pics  (Read 1974 times)

Brie

Ginger Stilton with Lime Pics
« on: August 12, 2010, 02:15:04 AM »
Here you go--my ginger stilton with lime pics. Crystalized ginger (per Sailor's recommendation) and lime seasoning. Quite a unique tste!

9mmruger

Re: Ginger Stilton with Lime Pics
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 12:50:28 PM »
Looks yummy Brie.  Keep up the good work!  Your pix are great.  Make my mouth water.   :D

Mondequay

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 01:20:25 PM »
I love your display - looks like a magazine shot. Are the marbles under glass? If so, how do you avoid glare from the flash?

Beautiful cheese; I can almost taste it!

Brie

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 12:43:50 AM »
Thanks, Monde--it's actually my dining table with a glass top and a cove beneath. The glass is quite thick, so I never have a problem with glare.

9mmruger

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 11:46:29 AM »
You certainly know how to dress up your pix as well.  Love the fruit additions.  Makes it look real tempting to eat.  I would have a hard time not sampling as I walked by LOL.   :P

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 10:48:10 PM »
That's a really fine looking cheese Brie!

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 07:42:45 AM »
Here you go--my ginger stilton with lime pics. Crystalized ginger (per Sailor's recommendation) and lime seasoning. Quite a unique taste!
Is that a positive or negative observation/taste?

How old is the cheese at this point? Looks very aged and interesting. Don't think I've ever had a Stilton.

I agree with the quality of your pics. I enjoy them a lot. I try to include a few pics whenever I can. I think it really helps to tell the story...1000 words & all that.  8)

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

Brie

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 03:46:13 PM »
Thanks--Boof-this cheese is almost 4 months old. I don't think the taste is negative or positive--it's just a unique tate. I can't really taste the ginger standing out on it's own, nor the lime, and I don't think I would want it to. It seems to meld right into the taste of the blue and just adds another dimension.