Author Topic: Hi from Costa Rica  (Read 878 times)

CdnMorganGal

Hi from Costa Rica
« on: August 14, 2010, 03:18:07 AM »
Hubby and I recently moved here from Canada - we have a 15ac finca (farm) with a few cows and horses, set in a gorgeous rural, mountainous area.  We love cheese - unfortunately the selection in our area is very limited, and anything other than queso blanco is quite expensive or just not available.  My father came from Poland and they used to make feta on their farm. Unfortunately he has passed away so I can't use him as a resource, but I know he'd be pleased with me kinda following in his footsteps.  We are trying to be as self-sufficient as possible, without being fanatics about it .  Feta was the first cheese I tried.  Hubby was a bit reluctant to try it - having lived in Greece for a few years he got 'fetted out' LOL - but my first batch, although soft, was good, and using it and the whey in a green salad changed his mind about feta and salads - we ate more salads in one week than he had in almost his entire life! LOL  Next on the agenda is my first hard cheese.  Anyways... looking forward to learning more cheesemaking.  Pura Vida!

FarmerJd

Re: Hi from Costa Rica
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 03:21:18 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your first feta!

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 10:19:58 PM »
Welcome CMD!

Cheese Head

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 04:25:12 PM »
Hello Cdn Morgan Gal, I'm also Canuck but living in Houston TX and around here many people go on holiday to Costa Rica so you must be in a great place!

I'm also admin and think that you are the first one in Costa Rica, so I just added you to our list of Member Locations, and added a Costa Rica Board in case you have any local type posts (or others want to ask you about holidaying there ::)).

Again welcome!