At last, here it is:
Tzaftit Cheese Recipe
The recipe describes the way I teach and make myself the cheese. I use raw cow’s milk.
3 liters milk
3 Tb 5% vinegar
0.8 gr (3-4 flakes) CaCl diluted in water
3 ts buttermilk (store bought, containing STREPTOCOCCUS LACTIS, STREPTOCOCCUS DIACETYLACTIS and STREPTOCOCCUS CREMORIS) diluted in water
3-4 drops liquid enzyme (Maxiren 600) diluted in water
50-70 gr table salt (I use 60 gr)
2 500 cc dripping moulds (like for Camembert)
1. Heat milk to 72-74ºC.
2. Cool instantly to 40-42 ºC.
3. Add and stir one by one, vinegar, CaCl, buttermilk and enzyme.
4. Cover and let set for 30-60 minutes, check for a clean break.
5. Cut curd into 1-1.5 cm size cubes.
6. Let stand for 8 minutes.
7. Stir gently and complete cutting.
8. Let stand for 5 minutes.
9. Stir gently (longer then previously) to expel whey and prevent curds from matting.
10. Let stand for 3 minutes to settle curds.
11. Drain whey to about 1 cm about curds’ level.
12. Add the salt and stir to incorporate and dissolve it.
13. Transfer curds equally into 2 moulds.
14. Let drain for 12-16 hours flipping as the curds in the moulds start to mat and solidify. As more flipping, faster draining.
15. Store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days, may be even for 14 days.
You may use a bigger mould 3600 cc for 9-10 liters of milk.
Note: After salting, you may drain most of the whey and add Nigella Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Dill, Chopped Olives, etc.