Author Topic: Opened My Buffalo Milk Blue cheese  (Read 4571 times)

nilo_669

Opened My Buffalo Milk Blue cheese
« on: August 22, 2010, 07:38:08 AM »
Aged 72 days

Groves

Re: Opened My Buffalo Milk Blue cheese
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 12:37:08 PM »
Yummy. How did you treat the rind?

mtncheesemaker

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 01:42:59 PM »
That is a thing of beauty!

Sailor Con Queso

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 04:17:06 PM »
Very nice. I would love to get my hands on some buffalo milk. How does the milk taste compared to cows milk? Is it strong like goat's milk?

iratherfly

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 11:08:01 PM »
Looks fantastic. I wish I can see it from the size to get a good idea of the size and rind. I only recently discovered 'Blu Di Buffala' cheese at the Italian pavilion in the international specialty food show. Would love to get my hands on some Buffalo milk here!

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 11:39:52 PM »
Very nice! I too wondered about the bufalo milk. They will have some available in the fall but it's gong to be $12/gallon might try it once or twice.

nilo_669

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 05:07:30 AM »
Sailor , this is a 100% Pure Buffalo Milk Blue Cheese ,this one has a balanced flavour , not too strong and not salty the taste is very creamy, I made 2 variations and the other one has a double dose roqueforti which has a sharp bite . If you have tasted Buffalo Mozzarella and Fior de latte Mozzarella you can tell the difference, its the same thing with my Blue Buffalo Cheese, some cheese maker add cream to their cow's milk to make it double cream blue cheese  , But buffalo milk you dont have to add coz its milk is already high in fat, so less cost on your end products. We have lots of Water Buffalo here in the Philippines, Im an Artisan Cheesemaker here in the Phils. exclusively using Buffalo Milk.

nilo_669

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 05:19:35 AM »
Deejay,  one thing about buffalo milk is that if you have a good forages for the beast including wild flowers for them to indulge, diffinitely you will have a wonderfu cheese products. like the one i tried Italian Buffalo mozzarella with the CAMPANIA logo, i had tasted the mozza with a flowery creamy after taste , i was surprise with that kind of flavor, couldnt believe!!.

nilo_669

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 05:36:09 AM »
A liter of Buffalo Milk cost me around $1.8 per liter retail. Whole sale is $1 min order 100 liters. available milk available here in my town is 2000 liters in the morning another 2000 liters in the afternoon.Lots of milk guys!!!!
Cheese on my list now are Buffalo Mozzarella, Buffalo Blu , White Buffalo( Chaource style)penecillium Neige strains, Provolone , Buffalo Cream Cheese, next in line Washed Rined Buffalo .
       White Buffalo i can say has strange characteistics , it has an overwhelming impact on cheese lovers , everyone who has tasted say that it has very mild taste but addictive, specially with Fruit preserves ..........my god !!!!!
Does anyone here had a Quad Cheese Pizza Cheese made by themselves especially milk from Buffalo milk? sorry guys ............ Heaven on Earth !!!!! 

nilo_669

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 07:50:36 AM »
iratherfy, here's the pictures of some of my Bffao Blu , 65 days in my aging container, each one weighs more than a kilo after it was salted , now a little less than a kilo.

9mmruger

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 12:20:36 PM »
Very nice Nilo, they look really good.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 05:00:16 AM »
Looking good Nilo!