Author Topic: NZ Cheesemaking Supply Store Recommendation  (Read 4501 times)

ancksunamun

NZ Cheesemaking Supply Store Recommendation
« on: August 23, 2010, 09:26:43 PM »
I recently purchased cheesemaking supplies from www.cottagecrafts.co.nz and I can't recommend their services enough.

Through no fault of their my order went to the opposite end of the country and had to be tracked down through the postal service. I was concerned about the freeze dried cultures I had ordered and on asking Peter at Cottage Crafts about their viability after their journey he offered that if for any reason they don't work, let him know and he would replace them at his cost.

This is much more than I expected given it was absolutely no fault of his that caused the delay and if anyone should be covering the replacement cost it should be the postal service. But Peter was insistent on his offer and stands firmly by his services as a supplier. I am well impressed.

The culture (and mold) arrived today after a week so I will be testing them at the weekend . No doubt they will be fine as the parcel was well wrapped.

For any NZ cheesemakers I highly recommend Cottage Crafts for your supplies based on the excellent customer service I received from them. And their prices seem good too.

Thanks Peter for a great buying experience. I'll be back!

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Re: NZ Cheesemaking Supply Store Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 03:06:37 AM »
Always nice to see a glowing recommendation. People are quick to post grips but often forget to send accolades.

JeffHamm

Re: NZ Cheesemaking Supply Store Recommendation
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 10:07:32 PM »
Hi,

I was just going to make a similar positive review for Peter at CottageCrafts, but rather than create a new thread it seems better to revive an old one so that people can read all the reviews.  I've purchased a few things from them now, and every time they have been prompt, very friendly, and helpful.  The prices are very good, and you can get decent sizes.  Most places only seem to stock 50 ml bottles of 30% CaCl2, which is gone pretty quic, but the 200 ml bottle of 50% CaCls that Peter Supplies should last much longer.  Anyway, for anyone in NZ, I recommend checking them out.  He's willing to send you an invoice so you can make a direct payment rather than credit card over the net if you're at all wary of that. 

- Jeff