Author Topic: Australia - Green Living Webstore  (Read 5998 times)

bigfish_oz

Australia - Green Living Webstore
« on: February 02, 2010, 09:58:25 AM »
I hope others can help expand the knowlwdge:

Green Living Australia - www.greenlivingaustralia.com.au

This site is dedicated to home-based activities that contribute to a "greener" way of life. Cheesemaking, sausage making, soap making and home preserving. Forums cover these activities and other areas such as solar power, recipes, green living and gardening.

Cheesemaking supplies-

Ingredients:Cultures, rennet, CaCl, lipase, etc.

Equipment: Thermometers, moulds, cheesecloth, etc.

Other: cheese salt, cheese wax, etc.

Valerie and David offer a good range of products for the home cheesemaker, backed with good after sales assistance and advice.

Offline Gürkan Yeniçeri

• The one who masters temperature and humidity can make any cheese.
  • Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 36
  • It's not a hobby, it's an addiction, a good one.
    • Artizan Peynirci
Re: Australia - Green Living Webstore
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 11:48:43 PM »
MY first feta kit and yogurt culture + machine was from them. They are now supplying calf rennet which is hard to find.

edgewing

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 10:11:03 AM »
Just placed an order for the Hard cheese kit from them, I ordered the Rikki Carroll cheese recipe book and that arrived overnight. Good experiences so far, hoping they continue.

Regards

Spatz

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 06:52:59 AM »
Countrybrewer - www.countrybrewer.com.au/  is a very good and reliable source, too. I bought my hard cheese kit and camembert cheese kit from them. And whenever I need cultures and rennet, I order from them.

tinysar

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 07:44:57 AM »
Countrybrewer - www.countrybrewer.com.au/  is a very good and reliable source, too. I bought my hard cheese kit and camembert cheese kit from them. And whenever I need cultures and rennet, I order from them.

Yup, seconded. They have reasonable prices for starter kits and small amounts of cheesemaking stuff (also stuff for making beer/wine, sausages, chocolates, spirits/liqueurs, smoking, etc.). Unfortunately the store near me shut down, but there are still other ones in Sydney, plus their website. Greenliving had a better range of culture types and larger packet sizes. Cheeselinks has an great range, but most of the packet sizes were too large for my purposes - they would be good for small home dairies, or for splitting between several cheesemaking friends. From memory, shipping for small parcels is in the $8-12 range from all of these companies. Greenliving used to send very small items (like single sachets of cultures) by letter/CD-case type mail for $1.50 p+h, but they seem to have stopped doing this.

jersey12

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 02:07:45 AM »
Countrybrewer - www.countrybrewer.com.au/  is a very good and reliable source, too.

Yup thirded:)  Super quick shipping (packed and sent the next business day), and they switched it to Express Post and refunded the cost difference as the online shop postage calculator overestimates to WA.  I had hoped to order a couple of sheets of rennet tablets from Green Living, but I am not paying $13 for postage on that, and havn't yet heard back from them to confirm if they charge less for postage for such a lightweight order.