Author Topic: New from UT  (Read 1180 times)

ConnieG

New from UT
« on: August 30, 2010, 01:06:22 AM »
Hello all, I just want to introduce myself - I'm Connie and I'm here because I'm interested in being a better cheese maker (I'm pretty bad just now).  I've got a Guernsey cow that is just freshened in her first lactation and a Jersey heifer that is soon to be bred for the first time.  I've got a calf with my cow full time for now so I'm only getting 1 - 2 gallons a day - plenty though to get me started in small batches

mtncheesemaker

Re: New from UT
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 01:31:46 AM »
Welcome to a new adventure. Great that you have your own milk to experiment with. You'll be surprised how quickly your cheese making will improve.

FarmerJd

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 03:31:53 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Connie. It sounds like you are about to really be swimming in milk. I milk 3 cows during the fall and winter months and like you, I have a guernsey and a jersey as well as a Holstein. You will definitely get better if you hang around here very long. Just be prepared for information overload. This is by far the best resource on the web for interactive information on cheesemaking.  Good luck!

ConnieG

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 04:50:27 PM »
Thank you all.  Yes, I'm still trying to find my way around the site.

Cheese Head

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 10:29:03 PM »
Welcome Connie in Utah!

I have no clue on farming, lots of great people here and Search utility works great if you have something specific. Have fun!

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 01:18:13 AM »
Welcome Connie.  SOunds like you will be pretty busy - good luck and be patient!

iratherfly

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 01:06:12 AM »
Welcome Connie!