Author Topic: New Cheese  (Read 872 times)

steampwr8

New Cheese
« on: September 17, 2010, 04:58:32 PM »
Hello Folks;

I am in North East Florida and looking for others who might share a passion for learning new things and for teaching new people what they've learned. I get bored easily and when I do I tend to give myself another degree in something. I figured cheese would enhance my cooking Barbeque skills and maybe help preserve a craft that might otherwise be lost.

I want to say hello to the Cheese Making Community here. Alot of the names I recognize from the research I've done on cheese making and also curing meats, i.e. DEEJAYDEBI. Which I have discovered that Cheese is Salami made from milk, and Salami is Cheese made from Meat.

If you have learned one it is a not to difficult step to learn the other. Would like to meet someone here in NE Florida to give me pointers.

Cheese Head

Re: New Cheese
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 10:01:37 PM »
Hello steampwr8, welcome, have fun here on the forum!

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 04:47:38 PM »
Hello Steampwr and welcome to the forum. Great people here and tons of info to be shared.

There are a few similarities between curing one product or another. Cheese making may help you understand your sausage making and vice versa. Right now my sausage fridge is full of cheese so I have to wait until it cools down some to make sausages! LOL They are all addictive hobbies and much fun to do!

Enjoy!

FarmerJd

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 06:18:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Is your name a sign of another hobby? If so, let me know. I enjoy the same pursuit.

steampwr8

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 08:35:25 PM »
Very much so. I am was into model railroading and train chasing.

I lived in Rochelle, Illinois at the double diamond crossing of the CB&Q (B&SF yuk) Minneapolis line and the C&NW (UP even YUKIER) main line. There are 80 to 100 trains a day to watch. I grew up in Lindenwood Illinois on what was the original C&GW main from Iowa to Chicago..

Modeled in N scale...never had enough room to build a layout...still have all the stuff though.
STEAMPWR8--4-8-4 northerns of the C&NW.