Author Topic: Cheese Cutters  (Read 3312 times)

steampwr8

Cheese Cutters
« on: September 17, 2010, 05:15:15 PM »
I am looking for any one with cheese cutters for sale like the Boska Divide-O-Matic. http://www.boska-usa.com/view.cfm?website_id=202&template=prodgroep&prodgroep_id=3

Something comparable at a lower cost. I know they are on E-bay for $260.00 ish. Looking for small production system.

Thank you,

Sailor Con Queso

Re: Cheese Cutters
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 05:15:39 AM »
Search on "cheese blocker" on e-bay.

steampwr8

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 08:43:28 PM »
I did and I saw the ones like you have in your Creamery. Do they work well being a wire type?

I liked the Boska one because it took the block from the center. That makes lots of sense to me...that way you can turn a wheel into rectangular blocks so to speak.

As an electronics tech and a model train buff I wonder if a heated wire would work. They make HOT WIRE cutters for styrofoams. What do you think.

Off topic...May I ask what the investment was into your Creamery. I have a possible opportunity here in Florida working with a Whole Food Organic Club to make cheese for them.

Thanks,

Sailor Con Queso

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 01:12:30 AM »
My Nemco wire cutter works great. I don't see a need for heated wire. Personally, I don't want my cheeses looking like cubes. Doesn't fit my marketing goals.

Investment is not your first concern. Step 1 - contact Florida's Milk Safety Division, Department of Agriculture, or whatever agency regulates cheese "manufacturing". My advise is don't sell ANY cheese before you are legal. You will just burn bridges and close doors. I spent 2-1/2 years learning to make good cheese before I got my license and didn't sell a piece, not even to friends. Give it away, do sampling parties, ask for honest feedback, and ask lots of questions here. Shoot for making the best quality that you can and the rest will follow.