Author Topic: Deejay's Debatouille Burgers  (Read 1769 times)

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Deejay's Debatouille Burgers
« on: September 25, 2010, 04:21:13 AM »
This idea came to me while talking to an old friend about what she could do with her crop of eggplany and squash beside making ratatoule - hence the name Debatoule ...

Debatouille Base

1 egg plant
1 yellow squash
1 zucchini squash
2 cartons of mushrooms
1 bundle parsley
1 bundle green onions
2 red bell peppers
3 large tomatoes
2 large onions 1 red and 1 yellow
1 cup chopped steamed greens
2 Garlic cloves
1 tablespoon Oregano
1 tablespoon Basil
Salt pepper to taste

Optional :
your favorite sausage fried and sliced
Chopped greens (spinach, swiss chard, Collards, Mustard)

Dice all veggies. Pre steam mushrooms, red and yellow onions, green onions and tomatoes together and drain. Steam all other vegetables together and drain.
I steamed the veggies in two batches based on the amount of doness I prefer. I don't like soggy veggies!
Put about 2 tablespoons of canola oil in a skillet and fry veggies until done to your satisfaction.

NOTE: This is the base for the eggplant patties.

Debatouille Sausage Patties

Add to the above
1 pack of Ritz Cracker crumbs
2 Eggs
1 cup of shredded cheese
Flour for dredging patties
Oil for frying

Mix all veggies and make into patties o meatballs. My thought was to use this like a veal patty and pour spaghetti sauce over it  and make a meatball grinder (Sub sandwich to most people). They are awsome by themselves I ate two of them for supper.

First picture is  mixed with my chicken sausage, sprinkled with cheese and made into a sanwich.

Second picture are the burger patties

iratherfly

Re: Deejay's Debatouille Burgers
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 06:16:21 AM »
You should have your own cooking show! Stop making me hungry!

Brentsbox

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 09:44:14 AM »
Those eggplant patties look great!   To bad I didnt save a few yesterday or I could have tried your recipe out.   I picked 15 eggplant yesterday and knowing I wasnt going to use them in the next few days I roasted them whole and then skinned them and vac sealed the meat in jars and froze.  I will use it for a nice layer in a lasagna with a great layer of some yummy provolone and ramono soon, with homemade noodles of course. 

I think that is why i like making cheese so much.  If it doesn't turn out, I can eat it and know one will ever know.  If it does turn out great, I can marvel over it for days and then when im done marveling, I can eat it and start all over. 

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 04:27:29 AM »
Egg plants taste very "meaty" I use them often with porabellas for mock sausages for a few vegetarians I know. I love egg plant lasagna!