Author Topic: Hi from Melbourne, VIC, Australia  (Read 2070 times)

sortius

Hi from Melbourne, VIC, Australia
« on: September 26, 2010, 12:38:45 AM »
Hi everyone,

I stumbled across this forum in my endeavours to make different varieties of cheeses. I'm teaching myself techniques and processes when it comes to cheese making as I've always had a love of cooking, which translates in to a love of home made ingredients.

I've had success with a Camembert so far, and am just about to lay some Blue this weekend. Most of what I've learnt has come from a great cheese supplier here in Victoria (http://www.cheeselinks.com.au/ - sorry to plug, but they do a great job), trawling the Internet for recipes, and watching a TV show called Cheese Slices (http://www.cheeseslices.com/ - Will Studd is great). I'm always looking for ideas on what to make next, and maybe even try some more complex techniques when I become more experienced working with cheese.

Anyway, I'm here to say hi, I'll keep reading posts, and maybe even contribute to some topics one day.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Re: Hi from Melbourne, VIC, Australia
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 04:37:21 AM »
Hello sortius and welcome to the forum. There are many many recipes here to give you guidence and ideas. Enjoy!

Cheese Head

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 11:54:36 AM »
Howdy sorties, quite a few Ozzies here, have fun with your new adventure!

zenith1

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 04:14:32 PM »
Hi Sortius and welcome to our little cave. Dive right in just beware the depths of this cave....

Ken

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 05:51:50 AM »
G'day sortius, welcome. I also think that Cheese Slices is a terrific show as it made me think of cheese making. I did a course here in the Neew England region, NSW, Aus. It was for making soft cheeses like camambert, fetta, mascapone and cream cheese. I get all my ingredients from cheeselinks. although I have bought some followers from Greenliving, as I am about to attempt to make a cheddar. Happy cheese making.  Ken

FarmerJd

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 07:07:30 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

countrygirl

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 08:47:52 AM »
Hi Sortious,
Another Melbournian. Welcome. I come from Gippsland; my near neighbours are the Tarago Blue cheese company and Jindivick of the much awarded Jindi Brie, so I think the vibes are good around here. I get my milk from local cows, and my supplies mainly from Green living.
So far I've made a blue, two goudas, a cheddar, a derby, a Monterey Jack, two swiss, a caerphilly and an Emmental.
The thing with cheese is you don't dnow if you have had success until you taste it, so it's a bit of a waiting game.
That makes it hard to resist just trying one little cheese.
Self control. MMMMMMM
Ursula

Bishop

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 12:47:34 PM »
Hi Sortius,
         great to meet another Melbourne Cheese maker, I also use Cheeselinks but intend on Giving Green living a go.  Keep us in the loop on how your Blue Goes

Nice to meet  you