Author Topic: For the Ladies  (Read 6369 times)

LadyLiberty

Re: For the Ladies
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 10:47:41 PM »
LadyLiberty, just had a look at your photo's, just beautiful.  One day I would love to learn how to spin and weave, but I have so many other things on the go, that it is going to have to wait for later.
Beautiful beautiful work.  Congratulations.

You're so talented and detail oriented I'm sure you could pick up weaving without any difficulty.  Spinning is a meditative thing, once you learn how to do it you can sorta go on autopilot and it's very soothing.  If you ever decide to try it, I'll be happy to give you some tips.  I'm sure you have a lot of wool resources where you live.

SalMac

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2009, 08:24:11 PM »
Great stuff all, I saw the beading after I worked out a few issues...

...like 'peahen whats wrong with that', then 'oh the link doesnt work', reread post, light dawns!

A bit slow on the uptake tonight!

Must admit I fancy trying weaving as well.

Back when I was at school, feminism was at its height and I think we were among the last who had to learn cooking, sewing and basic crafts.

May have seemed like a drag at the time but I treasure having those skills now!

Sal

LadyLiberty

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 08:42:39 PM »
There are some great male weavers.  It's not just a "lady" thing.  A lot of the indigenous weavers all over the world are men.  Feminism is great for equal pay and things like that, but when it comes to creativity, there is no gender specific craft. ;)